LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 minutes ago, BfloHunter said:

Two younger does came in about 5 mins ago. I’ve seen them around this stand usually in the evening with another larger doe. No sight of her anywhere so me thinks she’s found a buck to bed down with.

Sorry this is off topic also but anyone use those spypoint cell cams? I’ve got a few of them and thought they worked well but this is the second time I’ve physically seen multiple deer walk past and the camera doesn’t snap any photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a few ppl that have them, garbage. Between the constant software updating, eating batteries, and lack of customer support.

• Like 1

I have had a Spypoint out since February on the same lithium batteries.  Picture quality is just ok, but I get lot of pics and have not touched it since then.  I don’t know about the trigger speed or sensitivity.  There is a setting for sensitivity, check that, maybe you have it set on low?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cachemoney said:

Just screwed up probably the best chance I am going to ever get to shoot a bear. 150 yard broadside shot and I was shaking so bad I wasn't able to get a shot before he took off. 

I will be thinking about this one for a long time.

Well at.least.u didn't make a.bad.shot. hang.tight he might be back around . Too bad there isn't tracking snow you could go after him.

Cool encounter. I hope one time to see a.bear while hunting. Gonna try next week up in Lewis co 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

This guy has been coming by my stand in the morning, haven’t seen him in person yet. There are fresh scrapes, but I don’t know if they are his. Anyway I’m hoping to catch him this weekend on his way back to sleep. There is a fairly large bedding area about 100 yards away where I set up my saddle, hopefully he’ll go there? 

35A9D9E4-E93B-45C7-B0DD-218E368C8F0B.png

• Like 2

Had a beautiful buck walk by my ground blind at about 30 yards ...a tad bit too far for my stone point. Made a few grunts and he stopped for a minute and then walk on.  Very exciting!  I cannot wait to let this arrow fly!!!!  Probably give it another hour then off to work on my cord wood construction project (rebuilding my sugar shack).

Both my brothers harvested their second deer this week...quartered yesterday’s deer last night and put on ice...feasted on some heart and great beers earlier this week.

Good luck!!

CC39A441-3A52-41FE-A5BC-7E3F16FD1F3B.jpeg

010BE8A3-0398-4D28-B5D5-EE65FA65A197.jpeg

Edited by dinorocks
Typo
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Well at.least.u didn't make a.bad.shot. hang.tight he might be back around . Too bad there isn't tracking snow you could go after him.

Cool encounter. I hope one time to see a.bear while hunting. Gonna try next week up in Lewis co 

I tried going after him anyways, no luck though. 

Funny thing is, my dad and I  were just talking last night about how unlikely it would be to see one around here. Twenty years on this property and this is the first sighting. He was a fatty too, looked like he was ready for winter. 

• Like 1

Two younger does came in about 5 mins ago. I’ve seen them around this stand usually in the evening with another larger doe. No sight of her anywhere so me thinks she’s found a buck to bed down with.

Sorry this is off topic also but anyone use those spypoint cell cams? I’ve got a few of them and thought they worked well but this is the second time I’ve physically seen multiple deer walk past and the camera doesn’t snap any photos.

Buddy and I have 6 of them combined. No issues. Here's a buck that walked by a few minutes ago. Screenshot_20201105-095401.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have had a Spypoint out since February on the same lithium batteries.  Picture quality is just ok, but I get lot of pics and have not touched it since then.  I don’t know about the trigger speed or sensitivity.  There is a setting for sensitivity, check that, maybe you have it set on low?
The pictures get compressed in order to send to your phone, full quality pictures are stored uncompressed on the SD card.

• Like 1

Interesting sit.

While not perfect, I had the wind in my favor, blowing SSW. So I thought... I watch the sky brighten, see the sun start to break through the tress.... Then I hear blowing, behind me. Two does came in, busted me and trotted off. Flags weren't at full mast, but they had seen or winded me for sure.

I sat for another hour hemming, hawing, and running a million "what if's" around my head. I put a bunch more brush between the three trees that were at my back to make that blind better. Then I proceeded to build another one facing the one I made yesterday about 30 yards away.

So I have now seen deer three days in a row in that area, and they seem to be coming up out of the marsh and into the thick brushy stuff. At this point, I'm not sure how to go forward. It's public land and gets hit hard for the gun season. Not sure if I should hunt the piss out of it or be nice and not hunt the area much harder to be respectful to the gun hunters.

I do know I'll be back there in the morning. I'm seeing deer and that has the blood pumping.

Buddy and I have 6 of them combined. No issues. Here's a buck that walked by a few minutes ago. Screenshot_20201105-095401.thumb.jpg.627eb06200bb9fd4abaf09fefe9c7db8.jpg

I’ll get photos too pretty much every day on the major trails but I’m hunting this one spot now where I’ve seen two groups of does go right by 15 yards max from the spypoint and no photos. I checked settings to make sure sensitivity is at the max allowed. Not sure maybe just something up with this model.

Good luck out there everyone

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic