LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Fake news.  A simple analysis confirms that the green in the background is knotroot foxtail which only grows in Iowa.  Nice try though.

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I cannot believe you spotted that but not the Iowa plate on the trailer

If that was Iowa, Tacks would have had to pay the outfitter a $1K fine for shooting a buck under 140"

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If that was Iowa, Tacks would have had to pay the outfitter a $1K fine for shooting a buck under 140"

Cull 12yr old on its way down.   It was a 180 only two years earlier at 10 years old.  They paid him to take it out of the woods.

• Like 1

Way to go Otto!

My morns been a shit show lol. Was up in stand down past the Hole well before light. Bro up on his ridge. An hour after light he texts me saying he’s got surveyors working down below him walking all over the bedding area. We know the place is being sold and think it’s going to be a development. This is our last season here. Well we figured the morning hunt was pooched so headed out. I’m off today so figured I’d go sit out back for a while. It now 9am I get about 175 yards from my far stand and I’m easing along but obviously not looking good enough and catch a doe jump and take a couple bounds across the bottom maybe 75 yards away. Then I see a bucks with her. He has no idea I’m there. He’s standing 60 yards away. Looks like a solid 8. 2.5 prolly a shooter. Not sure if she saw or just heard me but she is not happy. I give a couple soft grunts. She head away uphill he’s now looking my way but he wanted her more than me. She dragged him up the ridge. Now sitting here with that stupid feeling you get when you just screw up lol.

I’m not thrilled about 70,s for the next week but Moog says get out there so I’m out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Way to go Otto!

My morns been a shit show lol. Was up in stand down past the Hole well before light. Bro up on his ridge. An hour after light he texts me saying he’s got surveyors working down below him walking all over the bedding area. We know the place is being sold and think it’s going to be a development. This is our last season here. Well we figured the morning hunt was pooched so headed out. I’m off today so figured I’d go sit out back for a while. It now 9am I get about 175 yards from my far stand and I’m easing along but obviously not looking good enough and catch a doe jump and take a couple bounds across the bottom maybe 75 yards away. Then I see a bucks with her. He has no idea I’m there. He’s standing 60 yards away. Looks like a solid 8. 2.5 prolly a shooter. Not sure if she saw or just heard me but she is not happy. I give a couple soft grunts. She head away uphill he’s now looking my way but he wanted her more than me. She dragged him up the ridge. Now sitting here with that stupid feeling you get when you just screw up lol.

I’m not thrilled about 70,s for the next week but Moog says get out there so I’m out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If wind is good, why not see if you can sneak in on them.   They obviously have their thoughts elsewhere and not on survival!

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic