LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Should be an extra 1-2 pts for traditional kill!
No that's negative points. Deer make themselves present better for kills with trad bows. They try to even things. But yeah at least half a point extra for traditional. Now if@dinorocks killed a deer with his entirely homemade setup that's worthy of at least 5 extra points if not more

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Well this is disheartening. I felt like my shot was good on the buck this am but chalked it up to hitting a unseen branch it missed him by so much. Just got back to the house and set up a target at 30 yards. Missing it completely low right... shot the bow last week it was good, havent shot it this week...sooooo mad at myself, not sure when it got bumped good enough to be off a foot left and a foot low at 30. Checked cams on the way in and got pics of a real good one i hope to redeem myself on.

Well, sighting it in, eating some lunch and heading back out.

MFDC8939.JPG

I had something similar happen on a really nice buck a few years ago. I had my bow dead on, and at 20 yds, I clipped him high. I thought I must have hit a branch. Went home, and I was shooting high. All I could figure is that my sight got bumped while I was pulling it up to the stand. It's disappointing, but the consolation is that you didn't wound. 

• Like 2

Hang in there buddy it will happen. Best days are now. Thru next 3 weeks. 
Biz's envy buck needs a friend to hang with him on the wall. 

Thanks I won’t give up. I’m not that smart. I’m hunting a big open field to my right tonight with hardwoods behind and in front of me. Just got settled in, sunsetis 4:55. 493a7697b5d9ec4f938e833bb0e198f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Quick recap, turns out my qad rest was shot. I went to adjust the sight, hand bumped the rest and it moved quite a bit. You could move it left and right with your hand. Turns out the screw to hold it in place backed out but even tightened down still had to much play left and right. So new rest on, papertuned perfect, and sighted in. Now i need a 2nd chance at that buck, or another. Brother in law is hunting the front of my property im out back. Checked a cam before climbing up and id really like to see this guy soon.

WGI_0076(1).jpg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Quick recap, turns out my qad rest was shot. I went to adjust the sight, hand bumped the rest and it moved quite a bit. You could move it left and right with your hand. Turns out the screw to hold it in place backed out but even tightened down still had to much play left and right. So new rest on, papertuned perfect, and sighted in. Now i need a 2nd chance at that buck, or another. Brother in law is hunting the front of my property im out back. Checked a cam before climbing up and id really like to see this guy soon.

WGI_0076(1).jpg

Good luck!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

WGI_0076(1).jpg

Wow.  I guess I have never owned the same bow long enough to wear out a QAD.   Hope you get your second chance. 

• Like 1

Leaf blowing those trails is one of the best things I’ve ever started doing . At first it was two,fold ,guests wouldn’t have to be walked to the stands, and I figured a quiet walk in , would be a bonus . 
Well, tracks will appear in them tonight , and some will walk right down them , I guess deer like to be quiet too ! But best of all is not just getting to the stands silently in the dark, but when on them in daylight you can get pretty damn, close to the deer . There’s often deer in the green field when I leave , I used to know because I’d see tails bounding away, now I can walk right out to the field edge and they have no clue .

The one issue is when it’s starts getting cold and it freezes and the loose dirt gets crystalized and it’s louder than banchees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

sweet buck

Thanks the issue with my spot is , miles of AG fields all with little woodlots ,creek bottoms, thickets , all with other hunters . Bucks I get on camera , so,does, Tyler, Ken, Kevin , Al and who knows how many others within a mile or more .

Good luck to all going out tonight ,I’m on the couch .

Just now, grampy said:

Awesome buddy!

Hope to catch up with ya, at some point this weekend?

Absolutely, the deer are on the move right now. Just after I shot my wife said she saw a huge buck crossing 443 near Clarksville. 

I was hunting 4j yesterday and there was a ton of movement down there too. 

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic