LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

I mean if it passed above the spine then he missed outright...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, there is about 4 inches of meat above the spine on a mature buck.  Also, he saw the arrow sticking out and posted a picture of good blood.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Congratulations to all who got one down today! Some real beauties!

Except for an hour and a half, I was in the woods dark to dark. In two WMUs 4H and 4J. Both excellent deer properties. Saw NOTHING!

Pretty dismal year so far.

I am surprised you didn't see anything in 4j or on the hill. Crazy but there is always tomorrow!

• Like 1

I am going to drink for ya Don......I would be passed out at the counter top if I needed to wait on the monster.

Similar story....a guy I hunt with stuck a monster(142")around 6pm a few weekends back......knew he hit it back so he left for the night.....didn't wanna ruin my hunt in the morning at another property so he didn't tell me what was going on....get a text later Sunday morning with him and probably the #2 deer on that property dead as a door nail. By the time I talked with him Sunday night he hadn't eaten in 48 hours and was drunk as heck from celebrating!

You got this Don.....and Sunday will be a day of celebrating!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, biggamefish said:

I am surprised you didn't see anything in 4j or on the hill. Crazy but there is always tomorrow!

No excuses. I'm simply not setting up where the deer are when they move. We've played this game many times. Eventually I might get it right...lol

Good luck with the recovery of that monster Don!

• Like 2

The tenderloins will taste a lot better if the guts are removed tonight.

Maybe, but I am not 100% confident in the shot. Waiting till morning. That’s all there is to it, It’s the right thing to do. This is my 42nd bow season, I am not new to this. Playing it safe and praying things work out.

I lost a massive 10 pt last year 100 yards from where I shot this one today because I pushed it. I do not want a repeat of that, even if it costs me the tenderloins.

• Like 16

My sister is in Dedham Ma and I can't get them to stop there ever lol. My other sister works near a trillium location and she always comes through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oooooh... maybe I have a Trillium connection now??!!

• Like 1

I’ll be the one to say it....I hope at least THIS DON can gets a win tomorrow!!!
He’s Yuuuugggggg!!!

Ok, I’ll play...

So I shot a deer today, maybe the best deer ever, a spectacular deer, quite amazing actually, a tremendous deer. That’s what they say anyway, we’ll see. Could be the best deer ever. I don’t know? We’ll have to wait and see. I can tell you that it was a big deer, maybe the biggest ever. We’re going to wait until tomorrow to recover the deer, a really good deer. Could be the best deer ever. The shot was good, looked good, looked great, really great...actually. But the experts say we should wait. We’ll see. Fake news, those killers back there won’t tell you it’s a good idea to wait, but we know. We’re going to wait and do the right thing, the best thing. Trust me, tomorrow we will have a great deer in the truck, perhaps the best deer ever. But they won’t report it, they won’t tell you what a great deer it is.
THE DONALD.

Hows that?

• Like 12
  • Haha 8

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic