LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

6 hours ago, Don_C said:

Ok, I’ll play...

So I shot a deer today, maybe the best deer ever, a spectacular deer, quite amazing actually, a tremendous deer. That’s what they say anyway, we’ll see. Could be the best deer ever. I don’t know? We’ll have to wait and see. I can tell you that it was a big deer, maybe the biggest ever. We’re going to wait until tomorrow to recover the deer, a really good deer. Could be the best deer ever. The shot was good, looked good, looked great, really great...actually. But the experts say we should wait. We’ll see. Fake news, those killers back there won’t tell you it’s a good idea to wait, but we know. We’re going to wait and do the right thing, the best thing. Trust me, tomorrow we will have a great deer in the truck, perhaps the best deer ever. But they won’t report it, they won’t tell you what a great deer it is.
THE DONALD.

Hows that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao that's great. But unlike HIM I hope you get a win:rofl: I'm up right now getting ready for an all day sit in the best pinch point between bedding I've got. Hope today is the day! Good luck to you I'll be watching for updates

7 hours ago, Don_C said:

Maybe, but I am not 100% confident in the shot. Waiting till morning. That’s all there is to it, It’s the right thing to do. This is my 42nd bow season, I am not new to this. Playing it safe and praying things work out.

I lost a massive 10 pt last year 100 yards from where I shot this one today because I pushed it. I do not want a repeat of that, even if it costs me the tenderloins.

I sent up a prayer that you find him this morning Don. That has always worked for me.  I almost got tripped upon on a bloodtrail last year, when I heard what sounded like a crash in some nearby cover.  

After a half hour grid search in there came up empty, I pulled out my little pocket New-Testament/psalm book, said a quick prayer, got back on track, and located my best crossbow buck to date within 5 minutes

That will be the last time I will reuse a mechanical broadhead. The 40 yard or less tracks I always had with the new ones were much less nerve-racking.

Other than possibly some sour tenderloins, the rest of your meat should be good.  My truck thermometer read between 35 and 42 degrees on my drive thru a small part of WNY this morning (one corner of WMU 9F, to the opposite diagonal]. It feels like it is warming up fast now though, as I sit in my stand waiting patiently for the sun to peek up.

Don good luck! What a beast! I wouldn’t have caught a wink!

It is chilly this morn. 40 calm. Been in for over an hour. Sitting the stand we saw 5 bucks outa yesterday. With a hot doe or two around anything can happen.

• Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic