LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

17 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

here is one with the meat cut away.

Thanks, If and when I butcher another, I will get a picture along with my trusty tape measure.  I know TF will appreciate that anyhow, because he always gets such a kick out of my chest girth measurements.

That must be an older deer, because it looks like there is a bit more than 4 inches of meat above the spine.

Edited by wolc123

13 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Does anyone know what time the deer are coming out to play today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The squirrels are not even playing by me yet, and these woods are usually loaded with them.  It sure is comfortable with these temps though.  I am currently thinking of a floor modification for my two story blind to improve the height of the crossbow/gun rest

I will make the necessary plywood insert and install it on next week's hunt.  It needs to be 2 arrows wide x 3 arrows longs made from 3/4" marine plywood, with treated 2 x 4 blocks screwed under one side.  That will make the floor level and the rest just the right height.

Edited by wolc123

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic