LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Back in for the afternoon sit. My oldest daughter didn’t want to come out with me so I ended up having my wife with me instead! Her first ever sit in a tree stand. 2020 is a wild ride folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was my wife's first time in a tree stand ever Friday. (Had only hunted in ground blinds) She then set in a ground blind on sat and said"you see so much more in a tree" lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Back in, wife had a to do list waiting for me when i got back to the house...doesnt she know its the rut now!! 
They all have those lists and they get bigger especially during the rut just to mess with us

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Just getting caught up on the thread been working insane hrs this week. Congrats to Don, Fletch , bionic and rooster and anyone I missed on some beautiful Deer. Sitting my swamp stand on the private lot for the first time this year. Haven't been out in 5 days. Trying to add a doe to what so far has been one of my best years. Good luck to everyone out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Well after the buck this morn, getting him out, dropped at the butcher, over to moms to clean gutters, rake, fix everything in old people’s creation that is technology based that they can screw up! Lol back home and none of the boys are hunting.. so heck with it I’ll go out and look for a fatty doe! Got a stand that has had 9 buck sightings in the last 2 days and none of them r in it smh.

71 out woof!

• Like 4

To all who have commented on my deer, my mind is still in a million places from today, but I wanted to say thank you.  You guys all have always routed for me, and always have sent good luck to me, and I have always appreciated that.  Obviously, I do not get deer very often, but I honestly put every spare moment I can into sitting in the woods, and when these days happen, it just means so much more.  This honestly puts tears into my eyes because this is something I have waited so long for.  It is rut, and I probably got lucky, but some years up here in zone 3K I have not even see a deer.  Its crazy, I am just pumped.  Good luck everyone!

Congrats to all the other folks who were successful today too! Im out of likes!

• Like 26

7 pointer!
BBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my biggest buck to date, and first crossbow deer.  

Sullivan County 3k at home.  Basically in tears happy. 
BBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3546AE65-D2FD-4722-B783-5CD25E8A9F6D.thumb.jpeg.59fc2395692b541d51bcf7d510bcab95.jpeg
A145B466-DA65-428A-A3CD-C1AF5CCAF2E1.thumb.jpeg.4303fb5c3987bdec91ae8c0b720bf1f5.jpeg

82304634-C536-41A9-B562-9C5EBAFFDF55.thumb.jpeg.7cd1c6bd69d4b27636f796f509ab132e.jpeg

Slammer bud!

Now the important question. Wall pedestal, shoulder mount, sneak, semi sneak, facing right or left?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bionic said:

To all who have commented on my deer, my mind is still in a million places from today, but I wanted to say thank you.  You guys all have always routed for me, and always have sent good luck to me, and I have always appreciated that.  Obviously, I do not get deer very often, but I honestly put every spare moment I can into sitting in the woods, and when these days happen, it just means so much more.  This honestly puts tears into my eyes because this is something I have waited so long for.  It is rut, and I probably got lucky, but some years up here in zone 3K I have not even see a deer.  Its crazy, I am just pumped.  Good luck everyone!

I've never met you Mr B but I have a feeling you're a good egg.  Congratulations on the buck!

• Like 3

Just now, Moho81 said:

Slammer bud!

Now the important question. Wall pedestal, shoulder mount, sneak, semi sneak, facing right or left?

Thanks!!

Definitely shoulder mount, not sure yet on anglebut I love sneaks because of the height he will be on wall.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Wicked happy for you man.  It means even more when you put in the time.  Aren't you glad you built that blind?  If you build it they  will come!  Psyched for all the good tasting eats you can make from that bad boy.  CONGRATS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Wicked happy for you man.  It means even more when you put in the time.  Aren't you glad you built that blind?  If you build it they  will come!  Psyched for all the good tasting eats you can make from that bad boy.  CONGRATS!

Thank you! I am very grateful for that deer, means a lot.  I can’t believe it happened! We can’t wait to have venison in the freezer, been about 5 yrs honestly since its been stocked.  Thanks again!!

• Like 2

Gotta say I’m stoked about this hang on that I put up on Thursday, 3 sits so far and 2 bucks and 8 doe. Only thing that has me confused is they seem to come in from all different directions no matter the time of day. Gunna sit it again tomorrow morning and then give it a break for a few days. Haven’t spooked any and I know I shouldn’t leave deer to find deer but I don’t wanna blow it out either

• Like 1

Still very slow for me. Hunted AMs till 10 Sat and Sun at a new to me public spot and PMs at different public spots. All in 3g. High point was see a beautiful yote at about 60 yards Saturday AM. Low point was zero deer sightings during daylight. Had a few in the dark this AM that scooted on my entrance. Not too bad and no blowing so I hoped I would see them meander through but no luck. Met two nice guys from queens at the public spot last night who had the same luck I did.

I am giving it a few days off at the start of the week. Need to head into the city to prepare for a mid month board meeting. Hopefully with the moon waning action picks up for me leading into next weekend.

The only thing that is keeping me going right now is the awesome deer that have hit the ground over the last few days. Congrats to everyone that connected and good luck to all still going out there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Thank you! I am very grateful for that deer, means a lot.  I can’t believe it happened! We can’t wait to have venison in the freezer, been about 5 yrs honestly since its been stocked.  Thanks again!!

5 years dang ..... time to find new ground to hunt . Congrats on the buck man he is a dandy.

43 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

5 years dang ..... time to find new ground to hunt . Congrats on the buck man he is a dandy.

Thank you!  Yeah, low deer density in this area.  Not an excuse, but obviously I can always improve.  I have passed up bucks I probably shouldn’t have, and don’t shoot does here, plus it’s difficult to get doe tags in this zone even if I wanted too.  I find it special since its home, just means more to me taking a nice buck at home, versus my work spot.  It just goes deeper to me than just hunting.  Hope that makes sense.

@Chef

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 4

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic