LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

35 minutes ago, Belo said:

fair. and i'd say "sometimes" they're not fatal. All us deer hunters know that nothing is absolute. 

I never killed a deer with a spine shot..... 1 minute later with the second arrow is usually the best I can do. Its not pretty, it happens. I guess if nothing else its an easy track job.

Dead dead morning, yesterday was wild in this stand and this morning nothing. I wonder if the bucks busting the does out of the bedding area yesterday caused them to go elsewhere this morning.
I did see deer by the house on my way in which I haven’t in over a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopes are for Thursday on , not full on chasing here yet . Two doe came by at first light, buck behind them walking back and forth he lost interest and walked away . The doe hung out for awhile then went into the bean field and stayed there for like ten minutes .

Two doe came out of thicket and joined them , monster buck following , 4 doe and the buck just hung out for a few minutes then they all walked off .

nothing now since 7:30 

5 hours ago, grampy said:

Well yesterday saw nine deer! Hunted pretty much dark to dark, in two places. 8 of the deer were doe's and fawns. One was a small buck that got a pass until next year. Thing is, the doe's were just casually feeding along, with not one buck harassing them? The two year old buck was all by himself feeding on acorns! 

Anyways.....back at em again today. As today is Nov 10th!!!! What I call the "Magic Day"! Not sure how much magic I'll see out there today? But I'm going to try to pull a rabbit out of my hat, so to speak.

Best of luck to all heading out today!

Magic day indeed, today marks the one year anniversary of my first bow kill and I believe you encouraged me by saying the 10th is your magic day. I hope you tip one over today! 

7 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I haven’t had a shooter on cam since Oct 30th. Haven’t had a shooter on cam during daylight hours since mid Aug!! NOT very motivating!! Very envious of you guys seeing big bucks on the move and rutting!

I am fortunate to have tagged out, but I am seeing nearly the same.  I thought my cams all died.  lol

• Like 1

I am fortunate to have tagged out, but I am seeing nearly the same.  I thought my cams all died.  lol
Same with my cams......I would have thought my two cells cams were not functioning if they hadn't sent me a pic minutes after initial setup. Dead as a door nail! Waiting for the explosion in 9h....interesting year.....just still hasn't popped yet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Same with my cams......I would have thought my two cells cams were not functioning if they hadn't sent me a pic minutes after initial setup. Dead as a door nail! Waiting for the explosion in 9h....interesting year.....just still hasn't popped yet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

6 cams on 2 properties that were very active until 11/1.   No daytime pics today.   A few last night.   Amazing how this heat seems to have changed rutting activity.   Hopefully its just delayed until Thursday.

• Like 1

Talked to a guy I know this morning at a local diner. He told me about a huge buck he seen the other day chasing a doe across the road into a swamp.  Turns out it's the same swamp I've hunted for yrs.   Couple cams in there, but haven't gotten a pics of a slammer. Could be traveling through looking for love.  Might hunt there this afternoon, but it's a long walk in and it's 72° now. 

• Like 1

Even in this heat things are still going on. My family and I were just out watching the beans getting cut and had a breeding party of 2 small bucks and a whopper pop out of the woods about 50 yards from us. It was awsome to have my two boys there to see it go down.

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Any updates on the coyote yet?

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

There will be none . A farm pest to be shot on sight ,and left there , nothing more .

• Like 2

I just came off a 48hr deerless dry spell on the cams! The only way I knew they were working, was from squirrels and raccoons triggering them!

There will be none . A farm pest to be shot on sight ,and left there , nothing more .
Bummer. I almost had one today. Lip squeeked him in from 80 yards. It was freaking amazing! Would've been my first coyote ever let alone with a bow. Got him to 15 yards needed 3 more steps for a shot and then the wind switched directions 6 seconds too soon and he skipped away. Hopefully I'll get him another time. And once I tag out here I'll switch to shotgun coyotes anyways

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic