LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

4 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Heres the Rage hole almost healed over. He hit her in the 4" of meat above the spine. emoji16.png

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Did the Rage perform as expected, did both blades deploy properly?  Post a picture of both side of the carcass after the hide is removed. 

Did the Rage perform as expected, did both blades deploy properly?  Post a picture of both side of the carcass after the hide is removed. 
They deployed because the hair and overall width of the cut was proper sized. The smaller slit is what's left open after healing. The arrow didn't exit. Must of hit some backbone or something.

Just now, chrisw said:

They deployed because the hair and overall width of the cut was proper sized. The smaller slit is what's left open after healing. The arrow didn't exit. Must of hit some backbone or something.

some fins LOL

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, johnplav said:

If you have a baby, don’t check your cams after they are born.  Especially not the Sunday morning after they are born and you are still at the hospital.  You might resent them forever.  
Just kidding... great to see bucks on the move during the day. 

2AA3C3FE-EE47-4488-A77D-F95C5DFFA3BF.png

2EE475ED-40AE-4A8C-B6CD-5C546C6CA85C.png

Just something you can bribe them with later in life. Pull out those pics and show them the sacrifices you made.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mowin said:

Just something you can bribe them with later in life. Pull out those pics and show them the sacrifices you made.  

Ha!  My plan is to put one of those guys on the nursery wall!  But over the next week and a half... first buck who gives me a shot is getting an arrow.  I’m not good enough to be picky. 

• Like 1

I am off and was gonna hunt. But looking like pouring rain moving in within an hour or so.  Prob wait til tomorrow and gonna take a day trip up north with the rifle. 

Guy I hunt with is off the rest of the week and man he hit it good.  Thursday -sat look weather perfect at the perfect time. 

Web_DMA_NEW.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

53* at 5AM here. Just took the dog out and the sky is turning black. Rains rolling in a couple hours sooner then predicted it looks like. Sort of glad I called it.

The rest of the week looks great with cooler temps back in play and no rain.

Good luck to all who head out and brave the storm.

Edited by DirtTime

17 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Fug deer. Time for steelhead. Lost all enthusiasm after only seeing a small doe with fawn , two spikes and a fork all year.  Definitely have enough hours in. Deer carrier off and going to the yelling goat for lunch. 

:blink:

I can't tell if this is your usual sarcasm or if you're serious.

10 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I think all the deer went for a beach day yesterday. Hoping they are back in the woods today lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There certainly was enough if them in the frigging road this morning around 430.  And every group I saw had a buck in it dogging the does.

Edited by UpStateRedNeck

Warm walk in this morning . While getting dressed at the foot of my stand I heard grunts down the hill a ways . As I was  climbing it started to sprinkle.   Sitting here typing i had this guy  walk in 20201111_065244.thumb.jpg.cf666b7e538ca4f91002f9bbc2cde61e.jpg

He just walked in up umdermy stand  at 3yds . Worked a scrape  trotted of grunting . Now i here turkey on the roost a little ways off .

What a great day to be hunting.

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 2

There certainly was enough if them in the frigging road this morning around 430.  And every group I saw had a buck in it dogging the does.

I was sitting on the front steps at 400 this morning debating if I should go out or not when 2 doe walked up and started grazing on my lawn at 20 feet. I thought it’s gonna be a good day. So I’m in since 545 and those does were the only deer I’ve seen so far! Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic