LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

29 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Buddy is put hunting in ground blind before the rain. At least he has a good view. 

Great rainbow over the lake too.

41059.jpeg

IMG_20201111_065111531.jpg

Is he hunting in a high fence area?  Cool, if that’s your thing, but not for me! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Otto said:

Is he hunting in a high fence area?  Cool, if that’s your thing, but not for me! :rofl:

Lol. His pic was from the blind. 

Mine was from the yard. And yes there is some high fence skunk opportunities if you become interested let me know. Lol

Funny thing is now he's in the blind and don't want to get out cause he'll get soaked.  

Glad I bailed on today's hunt 

• Like 1

Home today , back at it Thur,Fri, Sat AM . That may very well end it for me if deer sightings don’t pick up , not worth it seeing so few .

Upstateredneck , you and me both ,normal year I see deer 3 out of 4 sits usually 4-6 each time sometimes way more . This year I can count on one hand the deer I’ve had close to the stand, and 7 or 8 way off in fields .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I know it only takes 5 minutes to turn a season around, but, holy crap.  I think I've seen 2 deer during daylight in 8 days of sits.  Nobody wants tasty radishes?! This might be the last time I get a wind to hunt this spot.  I know they were hammering this last week when it was cold.

IMG_20201111_063254.jpg

My radishes are hammered..   looks like someone mowed them at the lowest deck setting..  lol

Never had them eaten like this so early

This is my 15th year hunting and literally every year I find my sightings going down. I am currently on my 7th sit in this spot (probably around 20 or so this year) and I’ve seen.... two deer total. To make maters worse, I think it was the same doe both times as I kicked her up twice @ night on my way out. Anyone else with similar stories? I’m literally between water and bedding areas with 4 massive scrapes in visual sight with trails running in an out of the area.

This is my 15th year hunting and literally every year I find my sightings going down. I am currently on my 7th sit in this spot (probably around 20 or so this year) and I’ve seen.... two deer total. To make maters worse, I think it was the same doe both times as I kicked her up twice @ night on my way out. Anyone else with similar stories? I’m literally between water and bedding areas with 4 massive scrapes in visual sight with trails running in an out of the area.

Where do you hunt in 8a? I’m in Orleans county and was seeing deer pretty consistently until this warm weather came through. Hoping tomorrow is a different story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Bayou said:

One thing to keep in mind is that if you are hunting the same property and things mature, travel patterns and bedding areas can change significantly.   I have owned my place for 15 years and the way deer move around the property today is vastly different than when I first bought it.    You have to adapt and you have to take steps to modify deer movement (cutting, plots, etc..)..

• Like 3

Unfortunately, this is the worst year in deer sightings in my 30+ years of experience during this time of the year. Im hunting with my cousin and friend in 3H since Saturday and a spike buck is the only buck seen. A couple nice bucks on the trailcams but all pics are at night. However, i shot a lonesome doe two nights ago.

• Like 1

Blew a chance at what could have been a P&Y buck this morning in the Pine Bush. Saw him near the end of legal shooting time last night. He didn't come closer than fifty yards. Got set in the same spot this morning. Around 7:45 I see movement and he's coming right to me! As his head goes behind a large tree at 18 yards I draw my bow. AND HE STOPS!! I have two bum shoulders, and can only hold full draw for 30 seconds or so, tops. I held as long as I could, and had to let down. And as I did he stepped out, caught the movement, and was gone! I'm done bow hunting. Anyone who wants a nice Obsession bow shoot me a PM. I'm officially retiring from bow hunting.

• Sad 10

1 minute ago, Belo said:

i don't disagree with this per say, but isn't there curiosity on your part on the shot and if it landed on its mark or not?

Sure, but I’m not crashing around in what is our sanctuary to find out especially since the best buck I’ve seen in sometime came out of it and back in two hours prior .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

Blew a chance at what could have been a P&Y buck this morning in the Pine Bush. Saw him near the end of legal shooting time last night. He didn't come closer than fifty yards. Got set in the same spot this morning. Around 7:45 I see movement and he's coming right to me! As his head goes behind a large tree at 18 yards I draw my bow. AND HE STOPS!! I have two bum shoulders, and can only hold full draw for 30 seconds or so, tops. I held as long as I could, and had to let down. And as I did he stepped out, caught the movement, and was gone! I'm done bow hunting. Anyone who wants a nice Obsession bow shoot me a PM. I'm officially retiring from bow hunting.

That sucks sounds like a great encounter. Can you hunt this new spot with your crossbow?

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

That sucks Grampy. 

1 hour ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I know it only takes 5 minutes to turn a season around, but, holy crap.  I think I've seen 2 deer during daylight in 8 days of sits.  Nobody wants tasty radishes?! This might be the last time I get a wind to hunt this spot.  I know they were hammering this last week when it was cold.

IMG_20201111_063254.jpg

it's not exactly the time to hunt food, and a better time to hunt transition areas and fringes where they're cruising. 

1 minute ago, Swamp_bucks said:

That sucks sounds like a great encounter. Can you hunt this new spot with your crossbow?

No.... WMU 4J is bow only. Will just hunt with crossbow up at the farm until firearms season starts.

I've had a good run of almost 40 seasons with the bow. Guess time has caught up to me. Hate ending it like this.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, grampy said:

grampy i hate to read this. when i was bow shopping last year I really liked the PSE because it was like not holding anything back at all. You had to basically push it forward to let down. Maybe it'd be a good fit for you?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grampy said:

Ahh crap grampy that’s happened to me with good shoulders, just wasn’t meant to be and nobody hear wants your bow so your gonna have to keep hunting with it! Right guys

• Like 9

I’ll take your bow and give it back when you change your mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic