LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

12 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I was going to try to get out this afternoon with my daughter to scout a couple of potential gun season stands, but I don’t want to pull her out into the rain. I’m a little disappointed, but we need the moisture. 

I'll take it in 2 inches of tracking snow form, please.

• Haha 1

What a five day stretch! Hit a deer with my truck, destroyed my crossbow on the first live shot and my son totaled his car on a deer/power pole accident. He’s fine. 
Got the compound bow back out and out for an evening sit to clear my mind. As I left the house my wife said, “no big bucks tonite, we can’t afford it right now”. Heck, it’s only $100 down....

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I was going to try to get out this afternoon with my daughter to scout a couple of potential gun season stands, but I don’t want to pull her out into the rain. I’m a little disappointed, but we need the moisture. 

I'll take it in 2 inches of tracking snow form, please.

Been baking a cake I all day for daughters Bday party tonight “single dad” grabbed my rifle and ran to my blind for the last hour. Saw a deer in front of blind so snuck around to ladder standing in same field. 3 small bucks have been within 30yds and IMO wearing jeans cowboy boots and a flannel shirt. Other than getting soaked it’s been a good half hour. c4d87f1ba49d143fd3b9c53c77f0e156.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

5 hours ago, grampy said:

This could be the way to go. You are right of course my friend. I'm willing to go that route. Thank You!

Thanks also, to you all for the pep talk. I was so down walking out, and posting from my truck. You guy's definitely made me feel better. I've never been a quitter, and over many years of bow hunting, I have had many highs and lows. It's a given part of what we do! I do know and except that! I guess age is catching up with me a bit, and perhaps I'm not dealing with it as maybe I should be?

I'll be OK, no matter what happens with bow hunting. I'll still be out there.

Grampy, I'm shooting 42#. I wish I could hold my bow at full draw for 30 seconds, but realistically, I can get about 10 before I start shaking. 

I've had many missed opportunities over the yrs because of my limitations. Ya, I get bummed, but I'm not stopping. I look it it as more of a challenge. 

Still manage to get a deer stupid enough to stop in the right place every yr. 

Watching out my window and had a nice buck chasing a doe in the 30yd conservation easement behind the house.  Stepped right into my archery practice lane.  Lol.  And a minute earlier I thought maybe I will see something behind the house.  Whoever is hunting tomorrow will have a great day I think.  The heat is off abs rut back on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Watching out my window and had a nice buck chasing a doe in the 30yd conservation easement behind the house.  Stepped right into my archery practice lane.  Lol.  And a minute earlier I thought maybe I will see something behind the house.  Whoever is hunting tomorrow will have a great day I think.  The heat is off abs rut back on. 

Xbow is in truck and heated vest is on charge 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 46rkl said:

What a five day stretch! Hit a deer with my truck, destroyed my crossbow on the first live shot and my son totaled his car on a deer/power pole accident. He’s fine. 
Got the compound bow back out and out for an evening sit to clear my mind. As I left the house my wife said, “no big bucks tonite, we can’t afford it right now”. Heck, it’s only $100 down....

image.jpg

That is quite the week! Your luck is bound to change at some point. 

8 hours ago, grampy said:

Blew a chance at what could have been a P&Y buck this morning in the Pine Bush. Saw him near the end of legal shooting time last night. He didn't come closer than fifty yards. Got set in the same spot this morning. Around 7:45 I see movement and he's coming right to me! As his head goes behind a large tree at 18 yards I draw my bow. AND HE STOPS!! I have two bum shoulders, and can only hold full draw for 30 seconds or so, tops. I held as long as I could, and had to let down. And as I did he stepped out, caught the movement, and was gone! I'm done bow hunting. Anyone who wants a nice Obsession bow shoot me a PM. I'm officially retiring from bow hunting.

sorry i posted before but on someone else's post .  back in aug 3 days after i got  my license i took a flop on my bicycle my left elbow blew up  and i couldnt draw my bow or  my 50 lbs recurve either. Im retired so between the doctor and physical therapy @ $40 and $ 30 a pop for the co pays i need a better way ,so i found the lock -a-draw and called and looked on the dec site and found that i could use it w/ a permit i printed out and my doctor signed it its good fort 1 yr. wow it saved my season but it takes some getting use to its always @ full draw all you do is point and shoot and its very accurate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fifty yards to my right was a small buck chasing a doe around my food plot. Fifty yards behind me my buddy had two nice bucks walk by his stand (he already has a big buck) and fifty yards to my left two bucks are tearing up the brush, fighting, growling and grunting up a storm. Meanwhile, I sit in my stand with no shots at anything. What a week. 

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic