LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Got out with my dad today to set up our blinds for the gun opener. Our woods are mostly oak hardwoods with some pine and surrounded by a few green fields and a little corn. Basically daytime bedding. Not a lot of sign where we normally see it and NO acorns. We'll see how it goes. First pic is view from my dad's blind. Second is mine.b04dea420b4ea0bccc4b7a8633e4ce05.jpg3727b6dbf06683922d996ec77f24db70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mattypotpie8S said:

Havé à good antler recipe your hiding?

Haven’t not taken a buck since early ‘80s . Between myself and daughter the freezer will be full . But as she pointed out we don’t eat as much anymore ,and with my friends elk meat ,no need to whack a doe at this point .

And yes I have a great antler recipe , send me yours and I’ll make you some ....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Haven’t not taken a buck since early ‘80s . Between myself and daughter the freezer will be full . But as she pointed out we don’t eat as much anymore ,and with my friends elk meat ,no need to whack a doe at this point .

And yes I have a great antler recipe , send me yours and I’ll make you some ....

Larry..I have seen pictures of your daughter...

I would love to have her come down and hunt  out of my enclosed blind  with me so we could not take a deer together...

Just trying to help...

• Like 4

Got out today, had a 6 pointer at 45 but his body was that of a half year old fawn so I passed.  Also have you ever seen the videos where the clowns keep getting out of the car?  That's how this video starts out.  I have no idea how they didn't see me, I was in an open ladder stand.

20201111_203032.gif

• Like 7

12 hours ago, grampy said:

Blew a chance at what could have been a P&Y buck this morning in the Pine Bush. Saw him near the end of legal shooting time last night. He didn't come closer than fifty yards. Got set in the same spot this morning. Around 7:45 I see movement and he's coming right to me! As his head goes behind a large tree at 18 yards I draw my bow. AND HE STOPS!! I have two bum shoulders, and can only hold full draw for 30 seconds or so, tops. I held as long as I could, and had to let down. And as I did he stepped out, caught the movement, and was gone! I'm done bow hunting. Anyone who wants a nice Obsession bow shoot me a PM. I'm officially retiring from bow hunting.

get the grandson in there. Bucks have been pretty safe in the Pine Bush. I've yet to get out of the office to really hunt. Here now but checking in and about to leave. It's brutal seeing it right out the window while I work! lol

• Like 1

4L - neighbor saw a big buck on a doe at 9:30 am yesterday. Given the wind and where they were, unsure of how to approach a set up / pick a tree for that spot, especially in the dark. Since it’s close to the road, I can’t really “work my way in” either.

Might bring all the gear roadside, and wait for light. Then head in on foot. The wet leaves and ground should help.

Betting he’s got her locked down in some thicket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out in 3m on some stateland.  Found some rubs in the same hot spot as last year, not many deer on this piece but there are some nice ones and I have the woods to myself at the moment. Sixty degrees and a little rain in mid November wtf.

IMG-20201112-WA0000.jpeg

Edited by corydd7
  • Like 2

Next few days should be really good..   for those that have not had a lot of activity, just remember you can go from zero to hero in a few seconds at this point in the season..   

I’ve been heating about these “next few days” since mid-October!!!
Two best days of fishing- yesterday and tomorrow!!!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I’ve been heating about these “next few days” since mid-October!!!
Two best days of fishing- yesterday and tomorrow!!!!

Crappy, clearly you have not checked the forecast The temperature is falling,  barometric pressure is rising,  the moon is waxing, and Saturn is in retrograde. Plus the rut is in full effect!!!! Its almost unfair for the deer!!!

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic