LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

After not seeing anything all week this morning has been great. 8 does and a buck. Largest buck I’ve seen while hunting. 9 points. Never seen on any of my three cameras. Chasing a doe fast. I got so focused on trying to make him stop moving at the right time I ignored my range. Sent an arrow over him. Sleeping in the truck, can’t face anyone for a couple days after this failure!!

If I got him on the camera near me I’ll post it later. Good luck guys!

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ADKtracker said:

After not seeing anything all week this morning has been great. 8 does and a buck. Largest buck I’ve seen while hunting. 9 points. Never seen on any of my three cameras. Chasing a doe fast. I got so focused on trying to make him stop moving at the right time I ignored my range. Sent an arrow over him. Sleeping in the truck, can’t face anyone for a couple days after this failure!!

If I got him on the camera near me I’ll post it later. Good luck guys!

image.jpg

Everyone has misses, no shame in it. No one will beat you up more than yourself. Overall, sounds like a fun and successful morning!

• Thanks 1

16 doe 2 buck .

getting down soon ,I gotta put up a couple posted signs across the road , go to town for a turkey club .

this afternoon I’m taking the game right to the bucks , I’ll be in my stand in the thick stuff . The bucks have been pushing the doe out but not following. Fatal mistake !

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

On 11/8/2020 at 11:10 AM, 2012_taco said:

Congrats to all that scored yesterday and today! Some beautiful deer taken! Sadly, It looks like I'm going to be watching from the sidelines for the next 14 days unless I get a negative test result. Won't get the results until at least Wed. I started getting sick on Friday and woke up with a fever yesterday, went and got a covid test last night. If positive I'm out till the gun opener! Boy, I sure hope Biden comes through with his promise to eliminate this coronavirus crap!

Well it's official, I tested positive for the coronavirus! DAMN! Now my wife is feeling sick, she'll get tested today. I certainly hope i haven't passed it on unknowingly? on a good note, iam feeling better and no fever since Sunday! Good luck to everyone out there today! It looks like a great day to be in the woods.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Well it's official, I tested positive for the coronavirus! DAMN! Now my wife is feeling sick, she'll get tested today. I certainly hope i haven't passed it on unknowingly? on a good note, iam feeling better and no fever since Sunday! Good luck to everyone out there today! It looks like a great day to be in the woods.

Good luck, Tim. Hope you feel better. After 4 days you can get tested again. If negative, your quarantine is over. So if you feel better, you should do it instead of staying home the extra 10 days for no reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Glad you are feeling better, Tim ..Good luck to your wife..I am also getting tested today..I learned late yesterday that I  was exposed to a person who now has it about 8 days ago.. I am showing  no symptoms though, so I'm hopeful I dodged the bullet..

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Glad you are feeling better, Tim ..Good luck to your wife..I am also getting tested today..I learned late yesterday that I  was exposed to a person who now has it about 8 days ago.. I am showing  no symptoms though, so I'm hopeful I dodged the bullet..

Which way was she facing when you exposed yourself to her? It makes a big deference. lol

Seriosly, Good Luck!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

When Pygmy says exposed, my head paints a picture.  Good luck!

• Haha 1

Tough morning in 4L, more for the doe I shot at than for myself.  I shot high, real high from a tree, and she was downhill at 11 yards adjusted, I found out post-shot.  I used my 20 yard pin, misjudging trajectory by a long shot.  I clipped her back, taking a clump of hair and a little bit of hide.  I glassed the arrow, which was stuck in a tree, and it looked totally clean.  Got down, checked it, saw some hair, and two bits of skin-like meat near the broadhead.  Absolutely zero blood at the shot site, and no hair on the ground.  Arrow had no smell on it whatsoever.

Scoured the shot site, and her escape trail from about 7:00 until 10:30.  Found zero blood.  Grid searched an area where I last saw her run, and came up empty.  No blood.  No stumbling tracks.  No hair.  Definitely pushed everything out of those woods.

A short while after the shot, I saw a doe scent checking the back trail.  I glassed her from the tree.  Pretty sure it was the same doe coming back up her route.  The other doe she was with bolted in a different direction.  Saw her trot around scenting, and then she trotted off.  No evidence of a wound, nor a dark spot on her.

Currently back at the house, running through my errors, feeling pretty bad about my action, and hoping to use the experience to be a better, more patient bow hunter.

Arrow.jpeg

Head.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic