LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Found a lot of sign in the morning but it rained the whole time. I had to head home at nine and saw the largest buck I've ever seen in person in NY state, he was crossing the road a couple miles from my house. He was HUGE, so of course I'm pumped to see big deer moving so I decide to go back out at 12:30. 

A mile away from where I saw the buck as I drove back to my hunting spot I saw a doe on a dead sprint in a brush field with another nice buck trailing by 20 or 30 yards. Besides almost hitting a small spike on the way home, they were the only bucks I saw. I passed on a nice doe, I'm not to the point of dragging a doe a couple miles yet.

Work tomorrow then back at it for the weekend.  They are in the rut in 3m for sure.

• Like 1

I sat for the last couple of hours today. Not much movement,i must have picked the wrong spot. I saw one tail in the distance,couldn't even tell if it was a doe or buck. It was great to hang in a tree again though,it has been 2 1/2 weeks since i last hunted. I didn't mind taking the last week of with the temps being what they were.

I will spend as much time as i can in the woods now though. Prime time!

Well maybe peak rut just came a little late this year...I have only seen 1 big buck all season...until I checked the camera and saw this beautiful 10 pointer come out every single morning and night since Monday. And of course I stayed home all week haha. He’s only been caught on the camera in the dark though...hopefully I’ll catch him in the sun this weekend!

A748AFB8-17AB-42FE-8C8B-7D8DF03087FE.jpeg

• Like 4

Out for the PM hunt...set up in a different spot...after I got dug in, I noticed 10 feet behind me a coyote also dug in...hard to tell from the photo but I could easily crawl into it’s lair.  Hopefully he minds his own business until I finish my hunt (and recover my deer if I get lucky enough to have one come within range).  Congrats to those who harvested recently and good luck to those out in the field! 
7B886EC9-E19F-475D-AD19-C010703447C1.thumb.jpeg.867360b3ff2c3167e4607065e6059114.jpeg
EC5106C7-A132-4658-AD54-E8DC5AD8F2A9.thumb.jpeg.49c9da4d668b1d7a084f527d8468bd4c.jpeg

32bf74ad7c01fa1e198d27fe408671ce.jpg

Your giving me flashbacks to my track from earlier this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning round up 6 doe took 30 minutes to cross cut bean field , 300 yards ,not a care in the world . Both bucks I saw were walking slow milling about, no nose to ground or running .

5 doe that came through the woods, clearly got bumped by something , while not running they weren’t milling around either , but nothing came behind them.

The 5 doe that came out of the thicket at idk 10AM, came out quick and ran across the cut bean field , again nothing came out after them , but something certainly got them moving .

it seems that there’s no hard chasing at my spot today. I’ll be back in the AM 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, corydd7 said:

Found a lot of sign in the morning but it rained the whole time. I had to head home at nine and saw the largest buck I've ever seen in person in NY state, he was crossing the road a couple miles from my house. He was HUGE, so of course I'm pumped to see big deer moving so I decide to go back out at 12:30. 

A mile away from where I saw the buck as I drove back to my hunting spot I saw a doe on a dead sprint in a brush field with another nice buck trailing by 20 or 30 yards. Besides almost hitting a small spike on the way home, they were the only bucks I saw. I passed on a nice doe, I'm not to the point of dragging a doe a couple miles yet.

Work tomorrow then back at it for the weekend.  They are in the rut in 3m for sure.

I hope its the 14 pointer i saw at Korn’s last year! That’s not a joke either

Edited by Bionic

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Skunked again today. Froze my nuts off in my blind and saw I believe two squirrels

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Thanks for the input...I plan to go squirrel hunting in the morning..I'll take 3 shells just in case I miss once..

• Like 1

Thanks for the input...I plan to go squirrel hunting in the morning..I'll take 3 shells just in case I miss once..
You're trying to take away my animal sightings now? Man tough crowd

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

You're trying to take away my animal sightings now? Man tough crowd

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Not ME, My Friend.....My squirrels are about   5 hours west of YOUR squirrels....<<grin>>...

• Like 1

So my nephew and I are 10 minutes away from our spots, and I get a notification from the cam at his stand.  Nice 8pt 15yrds in front of his stand.  He seen 3 bucks and 4 doe, but unfortunately nothing close enough for a shot. 

I seen a squirrel......

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

1.5 mile hike into stand this morning, so I sat all day. I had what I think must be a dominant buck in the brush 80 yds from my stand shortly after I did some grunting about 8am. He was rubbing a large tree so loud, I thought it must be a bear or human. I could see the tree shaking back and forth, then he walked closer and sounded like he was scraping the leaves, then breaking branches about 60 yds away. I caught a glimpse of him going down the brushy ravine and hoped he'd come up my side, but he angled down towards the river. Saw a few mid day and had a decent 8 at 20 yards around 3:30, then saw a bunch of deer just before getting down. No grunting or chasing, but the deer were moving. Great weather to be out in the woods.

• Like 3

Well I made it until dark nothing seen  after the little buck chasing does  just after  noon. 

On the drive home  I could see alot of deer on big green fields of winter wheat . Had a nice buck chase a doe out of field acrossed the road in front of me, as I was gawking at the deer in the field . Not the way I would have wanted to take that buck.

Going  to  hunt in the morning ... have to have truck in for tires  at 10 . Hopefully I can get back in the tree  by noon.

Make that the 60s....I got laid more times between 1967 and 1971 than the whole rest of my life....
Of course, that's because I got MARRIED in 1971.....

We should get a poll of who was born on this forum between those years and then do a paternity test to see how many forum kids you have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

Skunked again today. Froze my nuts off in my blind and saw I believe two squirrels

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Have you thought about pooping less in the woods and more at home?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well I’m hoping it’s gonna be awesome in the am. Son and I were out again tonight and saw a bunch of doe and one 4 or 6pt. This guy was heading right to my son and he was all in shooting him, problem was he was moving around to much and he caught his movement, stared at him for a min or so and turned around, hopefully mornings a success!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

We should get a poll of who was born on this forum between those years and then do a paternity test to see how many forum kids you have!

Well, TC III is too tall, and  Otto, Lawdwaz and Robhuntandfish are too good looking  to be my progeny...

I'd claim Treeguy, but he's too young... Fortunately  a couple of others are also too young, because I'd have to shoot myself if I thought I may have spawned them....

• Like 4

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic