LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

3 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Remember when I mentioned a buddy that smokes in his tree and takes nice bucks?? Well here he is! From my hanger yet!!!

9e57f5fe1768983e5beef7ef76d82c9b.jpeg

The wife says, “you should go today”
I’m like, “I don’t wanna sit in the rain”
SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what a buck!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Remember when I mentioned a buddy that smokes in his tree and takes nice bucks?? Well here he is! From my hanger yet!!!

SMH

Congrats to your buddy for a fine buck...

Back in the day, there were several times that I put down a smoke and picked up my gun or bow to shoot a deer..

If they are downwind, they smell you, regardless of what you do...If they are upwind or crosswind, they don't....Not rocket science....Luck has a lot to with it, especially on the days when the wind is swirling and shifting...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 5

Finally found some sign. Went out for a short scout/sit post rain on 3g public. Found a flat of red oaks with a few fresh scrapes.a small fresh rub line and some saplings worked over good. Doesn't look crazy but it's the first sign I have seen this season around me. Packing lunch and a good book for a dark to dark tomorrow. Still have yet to see any chasing or daytime deer movement in peoples yards.

Congrats to all who scored and good luck to those still chasing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ended the day having 5 small doe come down and trap me in my stand until 5:15 after they moved off. Saw 11 doe, a 4pt, a red fox and 2 rabbits today. Nothing mature moving in my area unfortunately, all young ones. Tomorrow is another day, just windier according to the forecast.

Congrats to all who scored today.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Red said:

I had this 8pt at 25 yrds at 11 this morning I drew back but there were twigs covering the vitals and he went back into the bedding area 50 yrds away. A few minutes later he came out chasing a doe stopped at 21 yards but had a sapling in the way. They went back into the bedding area and haven't been back out since then. 

Screenshot_20201113-120021_Gallery.jpg

Good judgement!

Now the moment you've all been waiting for. I bring you much better pics of the deer who was kind enough to sacrifice his life for my nourishment. Also let his death be a word of warning to all. You try and piss on my property in front of me you take an arrow to your chest. Please enjoy some pictures and me and Freddy having a little fun. So grateful to get a chance at such a beautiful dark chocolate buck! Full story to hit the archery harvest thread at some point. Also I'd like to thank my custom call maker Vince Crawford of VECtor game calls. Kuiu for making me invisible, my shower for making me nice and clean and non smelly, ELITE for making the best damn bows on the planet and finally God for making it all possible and the opportunity to take such a beautiful animal. Sorry@wolc123 I forgot to chop his nuts off before I dropped him at the butcher. They were YUGEEEEEEE probably could have gotten three meals at least out of them!20201113_150916.jpg20201113_145955.jpg20201113_150207.jpg20201113_155620.jpg20201113_160432.jpg

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 39

3 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

SMH

Good lord, that’s a beautiful buck! Congratulations!

Now the moment you've all been waiting for. I bring you much better pics of the deer who was kind enough to sacrifice his life for my nourishment. Also let his death be a word of warning to all. You try and piss on my property in front of me you take an arrow to your chest. Please enjoy some pictures and me and Freddy having a little fun. So grateful to get a chance at such a beautiful dark chocolate buck! Full story to hit the archery harvest thread at some point. Also I'd like to thank my custom call maker Vince Crawford of VECtor game calls. Kuiu for making me invisible, my shower for making me nice and clean and non smelly, ELITE for making the best damn bows on the planet and finally God for making it all possible and the opportunity to take such a beautiful animal. Sorry[mention=5805]wolc123[/mention] I forgot to chop his nuts off before I dropped him at the butcher. They were YUGEEEEEEE probably could have gotten three meals at least out of them!20201113_150916.thumb.jpg.9a1b32c14fb95aa31db42cc8f2ddab4f.jpg20201113_145955.jpg.97210cf286d0926babb62ffed2bcefd6.jpg20201113_150207.thumb.jpg.727908f94032d03ff67e900cb0f4f139.jpg20201113_155620.thumb.jpg.ed06060a6df4967cc1303b38b9119cfc.jpg20201113_160432.jpg.f2e6529d14c8bfadfb380658cda07446.jpg

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

That bent main beam on 1 side is sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic