LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

All hell just broke loose a little after 9. I was watching 2 spikes come in behind me when I hear a doe blow in front of me. As I’m trying find her the Woods exploded! 200 yards away 2 bucks are pushing each other around making more noise than I’ve ever heard before. It looks like they separate and this tall 8 comes out of nowhere tracking right towards me. I should have anticipated my shot opportunity better and been at full draw when he was 50 yards out. I would have had a broadside shot at 30 yards 10 yards before he was off the property. I was to slow though and he stepped across the property line before I could even draw back. I grunted at Him and turned around but only briefly. He was breathing heavily so I think he was mixed up in the fight and didn’t want to go another round.

After he disappears I catch a much bigger buck pushing a doe around. I let out some aggressive grunts but he didn’t want to leave her.

Good news is I might have a hot doe in the area. Bad news is she’s was 200 yards out and I’ve lost sight of them.

I’m really kicking myself for not being more ready for that buck. That should have been an easy shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

All hell just broke loose a little after 9. I was watching 2 spikes come in behind me when I hear a doe blow in front of me. As I’m trying find her the Woods exploded! 200 yards away 2 bucks are pushing each other around making more noise than I’ve ever heard before. It looks like they separate and this tall 8 comes out of nowhere tracking right towards me. I should have anticipated my shot opportunity better and been at full draw when he was 50 yards out. I would have had a broadside shot at 30 yards 10 yards before he was off the property. I was to slow though and he stepped across the property line before I could even draw back. I grunted at Him and turned around but only briefly. He was breathing heavily so I think he was mixed up in the fight and didn’t want to go another round.

After he disappears I catch a much bigger buck pushing a doe around. I let out some aggressive grunts but he didn’t want to leave her.

Good news is I might have a hot doe in the area. Bad news is she’s was 200 yards out and I’ve lost sight of them.

I’m really kicking myself for not being more ready for that buck. That should have been an easy shot.

If you have a hot doe every buck in the area will be around.  If they are chasing her 200yards can be closed quick.  

• Like 1

Well seems like the end of bow season was the same for the majority of it for me.  No deer spotted,no rubs on the walk out.  Saw plenty of fresh crap and tracks though.  I might get out for a quick am sit tomorrow.  Wanted to go tonight but forgot my nephews party at 1.  

Congrats John on a great buck.

Do not leave that stand like you said the weather switch is going to flip tomorrow almost impossible for any of us Western New Yorkers to be out ........put all your marbles in one basket just go for it today

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Belo said:

Very odd lack of movement in 8F.

Rut, no moon, cool and overcast, front moving in...

I'm getting action in 8g even missed a buck low after misjudging range:negative: 

Edit : also heard one going through brush that sounded like a freight train but didn't lay eyes on it

Edited by Dabills

Do not leave that stand like you said the weather switch is going to flip tomorrow almost impossible for any of us Western New Yorkers to be out ........put all your marbles in one basket just go for it today

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I’m not going anywhere now. I packed for an all day sit just in case. Besides I’m so dejected by my stupidity I don’t think I even have the energy to climb down.

6 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I’m not going anywhere now. I packed for an all day sit just in case. Besides I’m so dejected by my stupidity I don’t think I even have the energy to climb down.

Bowhunting is difficult! Makes it that much sweeter when we have success

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Take it to the streets. Stalk in

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic