LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Frustrating morning. I'm sitting over cut corn. Saw 3 feeding about 200yds out. Doe and 2 button bucks. Got down around 9 because I have family stuff to do. As I'm walking along the tree line on the way out i catch movement to my right. A 6 or 8 is cruising through the woods right toward me. I freeze. He suddenly sees me at about 10 yds and stops because he can't quite figure me out. He's on my off side, so I'd have to swing to get a shot. After a few minutes of him trying to figure me out, he turns and walks right under the stand i just left. Then as I'm walking to my last camera, I see that a neighbor left me a gift on one of my stands. I'm clearly on my side of the line but apparently he thinks otherwise. I check my camera and there are several pictures of him walking on my side on different days.. I'm going to have to figure out who this guy is so we can have a chat..

IMG_20201114_093055645_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Frustrating morning. I'm sitting over cut corn. Saw 3 feeding about 200yds out. Doe and 2 button bucks. Got down around 9 because I have family stuff to do. As I'm walking along the tree line on the way out i catch movement to my right. A 6 or 8 is cruising through the woods right toward me. I freeze. He suddenly sees me at about 10 yds and stops because he can't quite figure me out. He's on my off side, so I'd have to swing to get a shot. After a few minutes of him trying to figure me out, he turns and walks right under the stand i just left. Then as I'm walking to my last camera, I see that a neighbor left me a gift on one of my stands. I'm clearly on my side of the line but apparently he thinks otherwise. I check my camera and there are several pictures of him walking on my side on different days.. I'm going to have to figure out who this guy is so we can have a chat..
IMG_20201114_093055645_HDR.thumb.jpg.1d12c0177a8e37e9e64304163d9498dc.jpg

I bet his name is Zimmerman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

All hell just broke loose a little after 9. I was watching 2 spikes come in behind me when I hear a doe blow in front of me. As I’m trying find her the Woods exploded! 200 yards away 2 bucks are pushing each other around making more noise than I’ve ever heard before. It looks like they separate and this tall 8 comes out of nowhere tracking right towards me. I should have anticipated my shot opportunity better and been at full draw when he was 50 yards out. I would have had a broadside shot at 30 yards 10 yards before he was off the property. I was to slow though and he stepped across the property line before I could even draw back. I grunted at Him and turned around but only briefly. He was breathing heavily so I think he was mixed up in the fight and didn’t want to go another round.

After he disappears I catch a much bigger buck pushing a doe around. I let out some aggressive grunts but he didn’t want to leave her.

Good news is I might have a hot doe in the area. Bad news is she’s was 200 yards out and I’ve lost sight of them.

I’m really kicking myself for not being more ready for that buck. That should have been an easy shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there, the action is close.  I once saw 5 bucks in an hour and a half new a hot doe.  I dropped a 7 pt and couldn't even get down cause bucks were all over the place for the next hour and a half.  Good luck!!! 

Hang in there, the action is close.  I once saw 5 bucks in an hour and a half new a hot doe.  I dropped a 7 pt and couldn't even get down cause bucks were all over the place for the next hour and a half.  Good luck!!! 

Just had another young decent buck cruise by. Came from the same direction as the one i screwed up on except this time he took the direction that I expected and passed by at 75 yards. He had no interest in my grunt calls. Maybe next one I’ll beat at. Today’s totals are 5 shooter bucks. 2 doe and 2 spike. This might go down as one of my best yet most depressing days in the woods for me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Just had another young decent buck cruise by. Came from the same direction as the one i screwed up on except this time he took the direction that I expected and passed by at 75 yards. He had no interest in my grunt calls. Maybe next one I’ll beat at. Today’s totals are 5 shooter bucks. 2 doe and 2 spike. This might go down as one of my best yet most depressing days in the woods for me.

Gotta love the action though!  Better than staring at the squirrels. 

Yeah a bleat might be a good idea.  They are def locked in to finding does by the sounds of it. 

Hang in there. Plus they very well might kick that doe back your way. 

Saw a 1.5 @ 7:00 then dead rest of morning. Nothing even in the brush to kick up. Most disappointing season since I started, though I did finally get one last weekend.

Done until maybe muzzle loader now. Just too time consuming for very little harvest!

Buddy took a nice doe this morning. One of my sons (just observing) was up with us in a ladder about 100 ladders from me. He saw two deer so a great day all around.
I had a doe come by that I decided too late to make a play on and she caught me reaching for my bow.

bf50cf632a8a5e177052c01575255f73.jpg

Double lung down in sight after 150 yard sprint. Great tracking experience for my son.

• Like 9

Up in stand in 9a. On way in stopped at other ladder stand to check cam and it was stolen. Sick of these Scumbag. It was cheap Tesco so not big money loss, but having No Tresspassing sign there just shows what a loser they are. Well, will work on that issue later. Back to deer hunting for now.

20201114_143014.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic