LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

That was entertaining.  4 deer come hauling through the woods, followed by a doe with a little spike horn chasing her.  They go round and round for about 10 minutes with his ding ding hanging out, he keeps trying to mount her but can't reach, she's too tall!

Eventually she stops in a hole facing down hill and he gets it done.  @Pygmy the spike horn!

I also learned that Tinks is 100% useless.  After that, right around 445 another spike comes in, following their trail.  He walked within 10 feet of both scent wicks, never even glanced at them.  Stayed right in their scent trail.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well the live decoy met up with her 4 younger ones that came in behind me and eventually below me too far out and fed to the North. It was dark and I was getting down and 3 deer ran past me at light speed and the woods erupted. Too bad it was 5:15ish and well past sunset. 8 deer total for my last bow hunt and I saw deer every time I went out this season which was a bonus but only one shooter who busted me. 5 years since I got one with he bow so I am do or too darn picky. Maybe some new gear for next year is finally in order to replace my 20yr old bow. 687ed51639aa6c282476d411b0b9773c.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

That was entertaining.  4 deer come hauling through the woods, followed by a doe with a little spike horn chasing her.  They go round and round for about 10 minutes with his ding ding hanging out, he keeps trying to mount her but can't reach, she's too tall!

Eventually she stops in a hole facing down hill and he gets it done.  @Pygmy the spike horn!

I also learned that Tinks is 100% useless.  After that, right around 445 another spike comes in, following their trail.  He walked within 10 feet of both scent wicks, never even glanced at them.  Stayed right in their scent trail.

A guy after my own heart  !!    Reminds me of my date with Moog's Mom.......

Ain't love GRAND  ??.......

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My night ended about how I would have pictured it. 4:15 a buck came out of the thick stuff 80 yards south of me. Bleated at him grunted at him and he didn’t care just kept walking away. I watched him mill about for the next 40 min until sunset about 140 yards away. Every once and I while I thought I saw another deer so he may have had a doe with him that he did t want to leave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total of 8 bucks seen today. Two closest were five yards from my ground blind. But none were shooters for me. Lots of cruising and chasing. Got to see a couple bucks fighting, and watched another go to town making a rub. Great day in the woods!

• Like 12

Sometimes I wish time travel was possible. I never would have asked that one crazy girl out freshman year in college and my car wouldn't have gotten keyed. I would have told myself I didn't need that last shot of jaeger. I would have avoided Tijuana altogether. And I would have told myself at 730 am that all the action for the day was done and you can go home back to bed.

In oh dark thirty this am over sign I found yesterday. Pushed one on the walk in. Movement in the brush in the dark. Had a few does as legal approached slowly meandering. Saw a body making its way towards me in the cover. Either it caught my scent (doubtful given wind) or the coyote that unbeknownst to me was approaching spooked it and it bounded off. Was either a big doe or a buck, never saw its head. And that was it. Yote was beautiful.

Trying again tomorrow before rain comes through. Congrats to all that connected and good luck to those still chasing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

My son had this buck 50 yards last night and could not get a shot,,, tonight he went to the field stand and the same buck came out the corner and limped across the field and laid down 100 yards in front of him,, he texted me as he didn't know what to do or of he should get down,, I walked out to the field and he got up and limped his way across the field he is definitely hurt..

I got within 70 yards from him and he was in no hurry to leave,, not sure if someone made a bad shot on him or he was hit by a car or in a fight with another buck,, hope my son gets a crack at him and he is not mortally wounded..

PS camera is a hour off haven't reset the time 

77379824-037B-4099-959B-B28EB18273DF.jpeg

1FAE490F-9104-4CBC-AE23-B4D603320F42.jpeg

• Like 3

My son had this buck 50 yards last night and could not get a shot,,, tonight he went to the field stand and the same buck came out the corner and limped across the field and laid down 100 yards in front of him,, he texted me as he didn't know what to do or of he should get down,, I walked out to the field and he got up and limped his way across the field he is definitely hurt..
I got within 70 yards from him and he was in no hurry to leave,, not sure if someone made a bad shot on him or he was hit by a car or in a fight with another buck,, hope my son gets a crack at him and he is not mortally wounded..
PS camera is a hour off haven't reset the time 
77379824-037B-4099-959B-B28EB18273DF.thumb.jpeg.2ee6fa9035f4fa2619f0306a27602f29.jpeg
1FAE490F-9104-4CBC-AE23-B4D603320F42.thumb.jpeg.bb47c45cf7355dfeb5bc21245b3457d7.jpeg

Back left leg broken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A.M hunt produced only one mosquito spotted. My neighbor had an Amish build off at his house today but once they stopped at 4 P.M the woods came alive. Had a huge doe that would’ve gotten a bolt sent her way if she came in another 10 yards come in with one unknown. Then as I was climbing down the stand I catch movement and it’s a giant buck about 75 yards out. Now I’m stuck i don’t want to blow this stand up. So I climb down the last couple rungs and back out so he can’t tell what I was (hopefully). Cams are still showing night time movement with only a few day time movers. Next Saturday for the gun opener is my only time I’ll be able to get out next. Congratulations to you that connected today.

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic