LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Amish build off?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

About 15 Amish guys building an addition on his barn. Started at 8 am. Have you ever heard or seen 10 Amish buggies All parading down a dirt road ? Then non stop hammering and power tools till 4.

• Like 2

Woke up late ... up showered  fixed a coffee to go . Opened the door to a 5 to 10mph south east wind .  That really sucks . I don't have  a good stand for that wind . Going to give it an hour and if it doesn't change I'm going to work in the garage today and wash hunting clothes.

Fixed a coolant leak  yesterday in the truck . I hope it's fixed . Had it in the garage 3 times in last year  pressure tested 3 times and they could not find it. Doing breaks on all 4 corners  today . Had 4 tires done Friday. Truck just turned 100k. All set for gun  season and ice fishing.

Just getting ready to head in to where I  saw all the small bucks yesterday. Hopefully one of their daddies will show up this morning? 24 degrees and calm now. Cranked my hunting theme song November Rain on the way up this morning. That has worked before! grampy is going in HOT !

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, genesee_mohican said:

I sat all day yesterday. I had a non shooter 8pt come by first thing, then never saw another deer.  Perfect weather, but no deer cruising or chasing. I almost had a shot at a coyote, but he saw my silhouette in the tree and slowly walked away, looking over his shoulder often.

Not looking real good this year in the Letchworth area. Have a couple keepers on the farm outside the park but in the park things are definitely off.  

• Like 3

Up and in, cold still morning, heavy coat is with me but hanging off my sticks may have to put it on but trying not to.as long as the wind stays away I should be fine.. I’m at my deepest stand by far. Great spot but I will say getting one out of here would be an experience to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Polarnut said:

Hey, i follow and read every post and have for 3 years now, only posted a few time. Yesterday was one of my best all time bow days ever. Got nin stand a 5AM and didnt see anything most the day. A lone doe at 8:30 AM, then a lone 4 PT at 2:30 PM. At 4PM i was thinking as you often do, am i going to go another all day sit this time of year and really only see what i noted above? I was in one of my sitting stretches at 4PM and look behind me, 8 does coming at me single file. Well they literally stayed under me 15 minutes and finally walked off back the way they came. I contemplated after that as it had been a long day, then my common sense kicked in and i said to myself, you idiot, still till legal time. I stand up, get my crossbow in hand, catch movement behind me sand look over my shoulder and this guy comes right down the lane the does were on. What a day, what a feeling!

11.14.20-Crossbow Buck-1.jpg

11.14.20-Crossbow Buck.jpg

That is a fantastic buck! Congratulations!

In since 545. Beautiful morning. So far saw 6 deer. 2 doe, 4 bucks. All either too small or out of range. Grunted to a nice 8, but all he did was stop and look. Very exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, Polarnut said:

Hey, i follow and read every post and have for 3 years now, only posted a few time. Yesterday was one of my best all time bow days ever. Got nin stand a 5AM and didnt see anything most the day. A lone doe at 8:30 AM, then a lone 4 PT at 2:30 PM. At 4PM i was thinking as you often do, am i going to go another all day sit this time of year and really only see what i noted above? I was in one of my sitting stretches at 4PM and look behind me, 8 does coming at me single file. Well they literally stayed under me 15 minutes and finally walked off back the way they came. I contemplated after that as it had been a long day, then my common sense kicked in and i said to myself, you idiot, still till legal time. I stand up, get my crossbow in hand, catch movement behind me sand look over my shoulder and this guy comes right down the lane the does were on. What a day, what a feeling!

11.14.20-Crossbow Buck-1.jpg

11.14.20-Crossbow Buck.jpg

Gorgeous buck!  The bases look super thick. Congratulations 

• Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic