LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

I’m in my stand, was out most of the day yesterday.  Sitting for a bear, or yote.  Just want to be out here, and see what there is to see. 

warmer than I expected, 35 degrees, no wind, very quiet, sun trying to poke out, had a quick sprinkle of sleet.

F19E6644-677D-4421-9484-D379EF0B5491.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Polarnut said:

Hey, i follow and read every post and have for 3 years now, only posted a few time. Yesterday was one of my best all time bow days ever. Got nin stand a 5AM and didnt see anything most the day. A lone doe at 8:30 AM, then a lone 4 PT at 2:30 PM. At 4PM i was thinking as you often do, am i going to go another all day sit this time of year and really only see what i noted above? I was in one of my sitting stretches at 4PM and look behind me, 8 does coming at me single file. Well they literally stayed under me 15 minutes and finally walked off back the way they came. I contemplated after that as it had been a long day, then my common sense kicked in and i said to myself, you idiot, still till legal time. I stand up, get my crossbow in hand, catch movement behind me sand look over my shoulder and this guy comes right down the lane the does were on. What a day, what a feeling!

11.14.20-Crossbow Buck-1.jpg

11.14.20-Crossbow Buck.jpg

Great buck Polarnut.   Way to stay in the game until the end.

21 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I’m in my stand, was out most of the day yesterday.  Sitting for a bear, or yote.  Just want to be out here, and see what there is to see. 

warmer than I expected, 35 degrees, no wind, very quiet, sun trying to poke out, had a quick sprinkle of sleet.

F19E6644-677D-4421-9484-D379EF0B5491.jpeg

You have a caller Bionic. Might up your chances on both.

32 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You have a caller Bionic. Might up your chances on both.

I have two diaphragm calls at the house, for bobcat, and some distress one.  The first and last time i used it, the nutjob came out walking the woods, yelling out asking if the noise is a “kid, or injured animal”.  I just lay low now, although i think i was wayyyy too loud with the calls because she lives about 1500 ft away lol

Edited by Bionic

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

I have to diaphragm calls at the house, for bobcat, and some distress one.  The first and last time i used it, the nutjob came out walking the woods, yelling out asking if the noise is a “kid, or injured animal”.  I just lay low now, although i think i was wayyyy too loud with the calls because she lives about 1500 ft away lol

lol - many of the animal in distress calls do sound like the devil.

• Haha 1

Ima sit a bit longer and with chance of 70 mph gusts later I may actually take the afternoon off. Have some beers and watch football. I may sleep in tomorrow as well and hope that 70 % chance of snow Tuesday is truth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Back from the am hunt. Phone battery was low. In public at 3g in the dark this AM. Already a car in the lot. Sat same spot I saw action this am. Completely dead, not even tree rats.

On the walk out ran into another guy whose truck I see a bunch at the same spots. Very nice guy. He is having the same experience as me. Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse.

Gonna take a quick snooze and watch some of the giants. Depending how that game goes and the weather, might head out again in the PM

Congrats to all that connected and good luck to all that are still chasing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Back from the am hunt. Phone battery was low. In public at 3g in the dark this AM. Already a car in the lot. Sat same spot I saw action this am. Completely dead, not even tree rats.

On the walk out ran into another guy whose truck I see a bunch at the same spots. Very nice guy. He is having the same experience as me. Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse.

Gonna take a quick snooze and watch some of the giants. Depending how that game goes and the weather, might head out again in the PM

Don’t feel bad. My dad has 13 sits, 6.5 full days. 0 deer seen in 3N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 minutes ago, tarheel95 said:

Here in 3J, I see a 7 pt, 8 pt, and 10 pt every night on the cameras. Have never seen any of them during the day. 

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic