LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Here in 3J, I see a 7 pt, 8 pt, and 10 pt every night on the cameras. Have never seen any of them during the day. 
I wish I ran cameras so at least I would know there was something worth chasing. Good luck to you. At some point one of them will slip up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Everywhere I look around my stand there are new rubs. Still have yet to see a single buck in the daylight. My neighbor has been running an excavator less than 100 yards away every day all season. Are the bucks not coming out because of all the noise?
76F76F4A-3E03-4B0C-97BB-08E6EEE6231C.thumb.jpeg.92601601bf4c971ee4d9d2e08739304a.jpeg
All the properties I hunt the animals could care less .....unless your hunting the middle of the Daks in no man's land the animals are used to vehicles and construction/farming equipment.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Polarnut said:

Hey, i follow and read every post and have for 3 years now, only posted a few time. Yesterday was one of my best all time bow days ever. Got nin stand a 5AM and didnt see anything most the day. A lone doe at 8:30 AM, then a lone 4 PT at 2:30 PM. At 4PM i was thinking as you often do, am i going to go another all day sit this time of year and really only see what i noted above? I was in one of my sitting stretches at 4PM and look behind me, 8 does coming at me single file. Well they literally stayed under me 15 minutes and finally walked off back the way they came. I contemplated after that as it had been a long day, then my common sense kicked in and i said to myself, you idiot, still till legal time. I stand up, get my crossbow in hand, catch movement behind me sand look over my shoulder and this guy comes right down the lane the does were on. What a day, what a feeling!

11.14.20-Crossbow Buck-1.jpg

11.14.20-Crossbow Buck.jpg

Congratulations Polar!

49 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Congratulations Polar!

Thank You Steuben and all who commented on my post. Also congrats to all who have taken bucks so far this year regardless of what method or where and best of luck in the last coming days of Bow season!

Bucks were going crazy this afternoon. I seen 5 different bucks. Two nice 8's. Grunted the smaller of the two into 50yrds.  

Nephew seen 3 bucks chasing a doe. No shot for him either. 

To make things worse, he was letting his bow down, and the haul rope slipped out of his hands.  Bow hit hard enough to pop the string off the cams.  

Off to the bow shop tomorrow to get it restrung. 

• Sad 5

21 minutes ago, mowin said:

Bucks were going crazy this afternoon. I seen 5 different bucks. Two nice 8's. Grunted the smaller of the two into 50yrds.  

Nephew seen 3 bucks chasing a doe. No shot for him either. 

To make things worse, he was letting his bow down, and the haul rope slipped out of his hands.  Bow hit hard enough to pop the string off the cams.  

Off to the bow shop tomorrow to get it restrung. 

Huge bummer.....that said, one time on the last morning for me to bow hunt I prepared to climb down.  I grabbed my haul line off a limb and hooked the hook to the axle.  Well, I guess I didn't hook it on.......I went to lower it and just dropped it STRAIGHT down to terra firma. 

Damn, WTH did I just do?  The bow was fine probably because I was hunting the pines and the forest floor pretty soft.  I took it in and had new string and cables put anyway.

Hopefully your nephew's bow is salvageable.......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Pics and congrats!!!!

Thank you, very happy for him.

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Awesome!  You guys are having a great year! 

Yes sir! We are both excited, he was in the woods for 40 mins, 40 yard shot.

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

LFG!!! What a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy for us to both get deer in the same year! Last time that happened was 2014.

This was my dad’s first crossbow deer.  First deer he has ever shot at also with a crossbow.  He is a meat hunter, and is extremely thankful for this deer.  Extremely.  I have been trying to get my dad to pay attention to his clothing, and how he walks in/out of where he hunts.  I told him to wash him coveralls in either a no scent soap, or straight hot water, and store outside of possible, or in a non-scented plastic bag.  He was like why? But I told him I have done this lately, and I try to walk extremely quietly as well. We were always the type to just go hunting....pure luck, and frankly for obvious reasons we only get lucky, once every 5 yrs to be honest, give or take.  He hunted this spot 3x this crossbow season, and saw a nice buck but no shot opportunity, he was a changed man, found his interest back in the sport he got me into.  Went out his second sit, and does instantly picked him out.  Third sit I cannot remember details of.  This 4th sit he texted me and said, I am leaving my eyeglasses home this hunt, I think the deer see reflections/glare off of them. I said do it, this is how we have to start thinking, so we can get deer more often.  He did, and 40 minutes into the hunt his buck came out.  Dad said he(dad) was scanning left to right for movement, and saw this buck like dead center of him(dad), and he was like how did I not see him, where did he come from?!?(no glasses lol). So my dad picks up crossbow, Get the buck in scope, and realizes oh $&@t the safety is still in! My dad clicks the safety off, and it went CLICK, loud safety that the buck heard it, looked in his direction, and took a few steps back.  Buck is now behind branches that fell, so no shot opportunity, well my dad was in good cover, which was again something he is starting to pay attention too, and the buck relaxes, and takes the few steps forward, to where he was before, and whack! He gets him right behind should just a pinch high.  Deer dropped at roughly 40-50 yards from shot.  Dad used a Sniper 370, if anyone recalls the thread I started a few years back.  I have nice photos of him with the deer, but not sure if he would prefer them to not be shared.  I was up in my stand, hoping for bear, or yote, or just to see rut action, but saw nothing.  He texted me “is hot one”...i’m like ummm OH! Text back “you shot one??” He called me, told me what happened, I climbed down, and drove the 45 mins to help him drag, and hang, or whatever else.  Great day.

B38A277B-7972-4E82-9E4B-116998DFC2D7.jpeg

9A338766-B960-450E-B4CA-C4BDA31040FE.jpeg

8D66DC00-9695-4637-85ED-CABEC395359C.jpeg

• Like 48

2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Crazy for us to both get deer in the same year! Last time that happened was 2014.

This was my dad’s first crossbow deer.  First deer he has ever shot at also with a crossbow.  He is a meat hunter, and is extremely thankful for this deer.  Extremely.  I have been trying to get my dad to pay attention to his clothing, and how he walks in/out of where he hunts.  I told him to wash him coveralls in either a no scent soap, or straight hot water, and store outside of possible, or in a non-scented plastic bag.  He was like why? But I told him I have done this lately, and I try to walk extremely quietly as well. We were always the type to just go hunting....pure luck, and frankly for obvious reasons we only get lucky, once every 5 yrs to be honest, give or take.  He hunted this spot 3x this crossbow season, and saw a nice buck but no shot opportunity, he was a changed man, found his interest back in the sport he got me into.  Went out his second sit, and does instantly picked him out.  Third sit I cannot remember details of.  This 4th sit he texted me and said, I am leaving my eyeglasses home this hunt, I think the deer see reflections/glare off of them. I said do it, this is how we have to start thinking, so we can get deer more often.  He did, and 40 minutes into the hunt his buck came out.  Dad said he(dad) was scanning left to right for movement, and saw this buck like dead center of him(dad), and he was like how did I not see him, where did he come from?!?(no glasses lol). So my dad picks up crossbow, Get the buck in scope, and realizes oh $&@t the safety is still in! My dad clicks the safety off, and it went CLICK, loud safety that the buck heard it, looked in his direction, and took a few steps back.  Buck is now behind branches that fell, so no shot opportunity, well my dad was in good cover, which was again something he is starting to pay attention too, and the buck relaxes, and takes the few steps forward, to where he was before, and whack! He gets him right behind should just a pinch high.  Deer dropped at roughly 40-50 yards from shot.  Dad used a Sniper 370, if anyone recalls the thread I started a few years back.  I have nice photos of him with the deer, but not sure if he would prefer them to not be shared.  I was up in my stand, hoping for bear, or yote, or just to see rut action, but saw nothing.  He texted me “is hot one”...i’m like ummm OH! Text back “you shot one??” He called me, told me what happened, I climbed down, and drove the 45 mins to help him drag, and hang, or whatever else.  Great day.

Congratulations! You guys are having a great year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Congrats to your dad and love the story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic