LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Live from the office. I am having the worst season ever. I took all of last week off and hunted hard. 4 different properties, I only missed 1 evening, i think it was last Wednesday because it was pouring. All that time and i saw 2 deer. A spike and a fork horn and i couldn't have gotten a shot at either if i wanted too. Worst season since i started bow hunting. But i can't wait to get back out there Saturday with the rifle! Now to catch up on the 100 pages i missed and find out who has scored and what you are all seeing. Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Live from the office. I am having the worst season ever. I took all of last week off and hunted hard. 4 different properties, I only missed 1 evening, i think it was last Wednesday because it was pouring. All that time and i saw 2 deer. A spike and a fork horn and i couldn't have gotten a shot at either if i wanted too. Worst season since i started bow hunting. But i can't wait to get back out there Saturday with the rifle! Now to catch up on the 100 pages i missed and find out who has scored and what you are all seeing. Good luck everyone!

That sucks, but hopefully your luck will turn. If you need help dragging one out this weekend, I'm only a few minutes away :) Good luck!

• Like 1

Headed in to public in 3g for a quick sit before work today. Cold and quiet. Doe came in calmy from an unexpected direction, milled around and then caught my wind. She bounded off but didn't look too freaked out. Think I have a potential spot to sit in the PM if I can get out from work early.

My uncle in middletown sent me this photo this am from his backyard. Also has a video of a doe on his deck drinking pool water. I had a button trying to mount a doe on the backyard yesterday (might have even been his mom). I think I am wasting my time in the woods and need to find a big estate that will let me hunt from their deck. 66a9ab4b9b8960cc9ec28297310ecb55.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4L - Getting ready to head out and sit a pinch-point / funnel.  Light wind from the NW, flurries.  No more doe tags left, so I need to catch a cruiser, and not spook any does coming through.  Going to try and pin one #FromTheGround again.  Hope to sit until dark, but I'm on call with the wife for labor from now until next Tuesday, which is the backstop, and then the dr's control the course.

Good luck to all those still sitting with sticks and strings!

Edited by Rebel Darling
Correct wind direction & hunt style
  • Like 2

Headed in to public in 3g for a quick sit before work today. Cold and quiet. Doe came in calmy from an unexpected direction, milled around and then caught my wind. She bounded off but didn't look too freaked out. Think I have a potential spot to sit in the PM if I can get out from work early.

My uncle in middletown sent me this photo this am from his backyard. Also has a video of a doe on his deck drinking pool water. I had a button trying to mount a doe on the backyard yesterday (might have even been his mom). I think I am wasting my time in the woods and need to find a big estate that will let me hunt from their deck. 66a9ab4b9b8960cc9ec28297310ecb55.jpg&key=ce97fdd090960064647508883d4a77c9cfdafea4997e34ea8949098f9096532c

I wonder if the lack of acorns has forced the deer to head to houses for anything green left to eat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wonder if the lack of acorns has forced the deer to head to houses for anything green left to eat

I wouldn't be surprised. I am seeing some from red oaks, but they are tiiiiny. Not even much squirrel activity hitting them. I think the other part frankly, in suburbia they go where there is no pressure. They have learned they are safe seeing us in our yards but not in the woods.

Your dad having any luck?

Finally getting back on the forum! It’s been a crazy year with work since COVID started and I’m sorry to all those that reached out about leasing... I’m just seeing those messages and didn’t intentionally ignore you so please don’t take it personally! I haven’t been out as much as normal and had planned to take two weeks off in November after a big work project but I was fortunate to harvest a beautiful public land buck (my #2 target) the day before my final presentation. It’s been pretty hard sitting out the rut lol but I’ve at least got all my stuff in order to hit the ground running Saturday. Rut still going strong in 8H/F, watched my #1 target tend a doe yesterday afternoon when I was pulling cards and seeing good cruising activity on the cams. Congrats to all those that have scored and good luck to you all trying to punch a tag before gun! Looking forward to contributing more on here going forward

d49e28db6fd9e2382a3aead42311f6f1.jpg

8599faa2236f25afe009f3c5f268a9ca.jpg

46039f44f6e5c9f65669c7c3eeec21db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 43

9 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Finally getting back on the forum! It’s been a crazy year with work since COVID started and I’m sorry to all those that reached out about leasing... I’m just seeing those messages and didn’t intentionally ignore you so please don’t take it personally! I haven’t been out as much as normal and had planned to take two weeks off in November after a big work project but I was fortunate to harvest a beautiful public land buck (my #2 target) the day before my final presentation. It’s been pretty hard sitting out the rut lol but I’ve at least got all my stuff in order to hit the ground running Saturday. Rut still going strong in 8H/F, watched my #1 target tend a doe yesterday afternoon when I was pulling cards and seeing good cruising activity on the cams. Congrats to all those that have scored and good luck to you all trying to punch a tag before gun! Looking forward to contributing more on here going forward

Great buck! That brow tine is wicked!

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised. I am seeing some from red oaks, but they are tiiiiny. Not even much squirrel activity hitting them. I think the other part frankly, in suburbia they go where there is no pressure. They have learned they are safe seeing us in our yards but not in the woods.

Your dad having any luck?

Not yet. But I reset up the cell cam 30min ago and reopened scrape and pissed in it. Now a doe and fawn are there. We got life!

9e1ad6bef278ca6b8c0cb3eed74901a8.jpg57dd44c2b15b071aa75748c98624d430.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHornHunter said:

Congrats HornHunter!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHornHunter said:

Congrats sir on your harvest :) 

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic