LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Just got back from both properties putting new batteries in cell cams and pulled a few cards. Spotted a 2yr old 8 bedded with a doe, when I eventually bumped them off easy there were 3-4 more bedded that I couldn't see. I made my rounds then decided to still hunt back through there real slow with the bow and about had a 3pt walk over me in the tall grass. He walked by at about 20ft and never even saw me. Pretty cool getting that close on the ground, I needed a doe to do that though.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Live from my underground ground blind...first time hunting from in it this year.  Yesterday PM hunt I broke my ~2-week dry spell of not seeing a deer...and only a couple on my cameras over the same time period.  I was hunting behind a berm when I saw a deer heading my way at about 50yds...it was a basket rack...I stopped him around 30 yds as he started heading away from me...I tried making some mouth calls to get him in closer but he lost interest and walked away.  30 yds is a bit outside my “comfort zone” with my selfbow and stone point (confident at 20’ish).  Glad I saw the deer and hoping another deer walks my way this afternoon!  Good luck!

B0F0EAB0-24CB-48CE-964E-E3AEBC0B8238.jpeg

• Like 19

Not live from the woods....just catching up. Congrats Hornhunter, buffalojay and 518bowslayer.

I hunted Monday PM, same spot I saw the 8pt breed the doe on Saturday, saw 2 does and no sign of rut activity. What a difference a couple days make.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Shot another nice doe around 3:30. Watched her mill around for about half an hour till she got in a lane. 15yd shot she ran right under my stand crossed a creek and into bedding area on the property line. She trotted off a good distance then it got too think to watch I think I hit a branch, not good blood at the point of impact. Looks like a pass through though. Got on blood about an hour after the shot, not great blood but the snow made it easy to follow. Found a body bed about 125yds in and backed out. Luckily got the neighbors number from a hunting app and he answered. Gave me permission to pursue tomorrow. Fingers crossed! That'll make three does this year

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Shot another nice doe around 3:30. Watched her mill around for about half an hour till she got in a lane. 15yd shot she ran right under my stand crossed a creek and into bedding area on the property line. She trotted off a good distance then it got too think to watch I think I hit a branch, not good blood at the point of impact. Looks like a pass through though. Got on blood about an hour after the shot, not great blood but the snow made it easy to follow. Found a body bed about 125yds in and backed out. Luckily got the neighbors number from a hunting app and he answered. Gave me permission to pursue tomorrow. Fingers crossed! That'll make three does this year

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Good luck Jay. I’m sure you will find her. Hope the totes don’t. Looking forward to pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Good luck to you out there! Looks more and more like my obligations are overwhelming my ability to hunt. Pretty sure my bow season is over. With a little one joining next week, my deer season is likely over but for a sneak out here and there.

Looking forward to pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with you guys...clocks a ticking!  Trying again...short hunt this morning.  Wind is goofing me up a bit...hopefully something picks up on the scent trail I left leaving my blind after yesterday’s PM hunt.  Really want to draw good blood with this point...it definitely racked up some serious hours in the woods!!

Good Luck!!

12F93167-738F-487B-8FCC-97809D9D1CD1.jpeg

• Like 10

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic