LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Jerkman you keep things interesting on the forum :rofl:
Why thank you! But in all seriousness about deer hunting. All those hours of mind numbing boredom all seem to vanish during the few seconds of extreme excitement that always seems to come out of nowhere. Man I love hunting!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

First morning I’ve taken off since early October. After driving home from camp last night. Needed a break, I’m exhausted been putting in some serious miles in loud crunch conditions. Decided to come home regroup hunt opening day with my brother and probably head back up Sunday morning.

It felt soooo good to sleep in this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Making the 375 mile drive to 9J today. Zero deer seen dead or alive the first 4 hours. Then I saw 2 dead in Bath, NY. One scrub buck and one bigger one with head cut off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I drive Campbell to Elmira for work , the amount of deer I’ve seen hit these last  few weeks is depressing.I’ve narrowly missed 4 that were only a ball of hide and 30 feet of blood in the road left over from the tractor trailers.Not bad in the truck but the Camry doesn’t exactly have a ton of ground clearance. 

51 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Pictured is the Buck my son took this morning and the Doe I missed , naturally the son says " Are ya gonna have it mounted " ?  Funny Guy !  By the way the sled I picked up off someone's free pile worked like a charm !

SeamusBuck.jpg

SeamusBuck1.jpg

MyDoe.jpg

Congrats to your son!!!!

And I would 100% cut that limb and leave arrow in it and. Then mount the horns from his buck on it!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Out for the last bow sit of the year. Decided on different piece of property with a creek 100 yards north and a field 100 yards east. It’s still 60 and very windy and on top of do that the neighbor to the west is logging right now so I have little hope this is the sit that will make my season

7 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Out for the last bow sit of the year. Decided on different piece of property with a creek 100 yards north and a field 100 yards east. It’s still 60 and very windy and on top of do that the neighbor to the west is logging right now so I have little hope this is the sit that will make my season

Wouldnt worry about the loggers .  When I started out hunting my cousin would put me in a stand with my bow and go cut firewood 100yards away and ie would always see deer and killed 2 that way. Granted no slammers but a 3 and spike horn.

12 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

youve been grinding this year, good luck!  Nice day to be out in the woods.  

Wouldnt worry about the loggers .  When I started out hunting my cousin would put me in a stand with my bow and go cut firewood 100yards away and ie would always see deer and killed 2 that way. Granted no slammers but a 3 and spike horn.

They stopped work around 3 hopefully the deer will return to the area if they even left.

• Like 1

youve been grinding this year, good luck!  Nice day to be out in the woods.  

Thanks, I had such high hopes about this season especially after taking my first bow deer last season. If the wind would calm down a little I might be able to enjoy the weather just a bit more. I think I’ve sucked half this ladder stand up my butt

• Confused 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic