LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

BBD! I coulda reached out and touched him he was so close running by. Go figure been trying to get bucks his size to come in during archery and today with a rifle he comes by at 5 yards max. Almost shot the doe he was chasing too. She stopped and gave me a shot but she was a bit small to fill the tag.

Congrats to all the other guys and girls getting it done today.

3896e2d0c35f5dd56edaed2cdde17fa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 41

More accurate recap of this mornings mess up . Daughter stands to stretch ,I look to the left ,nice buck walking into the field L-R maybe 50 yards , I say “ grab your gun ! “ I have mine up and the crosshairs on him , I say a, “ I’ll stop him ,” Baa, he stops , she doesn’t shoot, after a couple seconds he runs off, I get on him ,shoot, miss .

Now I thought she had her gun on him ,and I was waiting for her to shoot, reality is, she couldn’t find the safety and didn’t even have the gun on him .

Ugh I would have then dropped him , had I known .

Few years ago she got scoped with this rifle and went back to the shotgun , which has safety in a different spot , this year she went back to the rifle , and only shot it once this summer .

Would have been one of the biggest bucks I’ve taken 

Edited by Nomad
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Our woods have been quiet as far as deer go. Saw two doe at 8am and nothing since. New property owners next door a different story. See two guys walking the property line in street clothes around 930. One with a rifle. Neither had back tags that I could see. A little later a tractor and utility vehicle driving through their field. Then chainsaws. Now what sounds like a wood chipper running for the last half hour. Not the best of opening days so far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Water Rat said:

ANTLERS ...... congrats on your huge bear !  Any thoughts on what you’re gonna do with him ? Rug , 1/2 or full mount maybe ?

Well with 2 rugs already in the house the wife said my head will be on the wall if I bring another one home :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Brother shot a 7 this morning, otherwise turkeys and a lone doe. Spooked a nice buck on drive in. Good luck all.

My uncle who’s a week away from his 70th birthday shot a really nice funky 10 pointer.

• Like 15

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic