LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Late posting but with 5 min to spare I took a medium size doe. About 60 yards and I punched her right through the heart. She mule kicked and went 30 yards before piling up. No pictures as it was to dark to take a good one. My new enclosed stand was fantastic. I dressed real light and turned on the heater when needed. Never even put gloves on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Slow day here in 9h. No deer sightings. Maybe the last hour will produce?
What part of 9h.....we are over in Collins. Between 4 guys 2 doe were taken in the morning and only 2 small bucks seen in the afternoon sit. First time maybe in all my opening years I didn't hear a shot super early.....I think the first shot actually came after 7am.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Congratulations to all who got it done today!!

Some fine looking bucks and doe's!!!

Very quiet day for me. Saw two deer all day. Very few shots close by, so I'm probably not the only one locally to have a slow day? Little less wind tomorrow, and from a different direction. So maybe things will pick up? We'll see.

• Like 1

Congrats to all that punched tags today. 

Day was slow saw one about 100yards out at 930.  Saw a hunter at 230 which suprised me because I was so far out. he waved and went the opposite way in a hurry.  Then finally at 425 had a buck running a doe around at 80yards.  It was so dark in that hemlock swamp i couldn't tell what it was.  

Group ended up with 2  does.  Total deer spotted between everyone was  45 deer everyone on stateland minus 1 who saw 15 at his fil.  

Picture is my nephews doe.  50 yards waited for her to turn broadside double lung and top of the heart.  Very proud of him.

20201121_215114.jpg

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Congrats to all that punched tags today. 

Day was slow saw one about 100yards out at 930.  Saw a hunter at 230 which suprised me because I was so far out. he waved and went the opposite way in a hurry.  Then finally at 425 had a buck running a doe around at 80yards.  It was so dark in that hemlock swamp i couldn't tell what it was.  

Group ended up with 2  does.  Total deer spotted between everyone was  45 deer everyone on stateland minus 1 who saw 15 at his fil.  

Picture is my nephews doe.  50 yards waited for her to turn broadside double lung and top of the heart.  Very proud of him.

I was thankful for my third consecutive southern zone opener swamp edge deer today. Dragging them bastards out of the swamp is no picnic though. At least the water was lower this year, after the drought thru the summer.  I did not see any today until 10:00.  

• Like 1

Nope I went in cold turkey, NO COFFEE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hope you ate breakfast. Took a picture today just for you. Let me know when you want it cold packed and shipped. Youll wrap it up with something delicious im sure. Just like bacon grease.

e2694dd0048ccbf22903d8484147cd69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hope you ate breakfast. Took a picture today just for you. Let me know when you want it cold packed and shipped. Youll wrap it up with something delicious im sure. Just like bacon grease.

e2694dd0048ccbf22903d8484147cd69.jpg&key=2338649d99d9d012366e27633ad882c80e9ff0c388517ca2a80d4476f95222a3

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Good eating there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Congrats on the successful day yesterday (harvest or no harvest!)

“Tick tock tick tock!!!! It almost over!!!!”
is what one guy in my group said last night after falling a touch deep in the sauce and lamenting his lack of success.

ITS DAY TWO! Currently 28 be rising nicely to 40 before some rain this afternoon in 4Y.

Stay safe...shoot straight....make meat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

Up and at em!!! Let's go boys and girls!

Yeah I'm up but going to relax today , picked up the my sons Crossbow Buck Venison from the butcher yesterday and having Steak and Eggs this AM !  I'm not heading out today but will gladly see my son head out .... Tags to fill !

Heading out the door at 530. Been up since 3 deciding my plan of attack. Gonna head to a treestand in the back corner of my land. Seen a hunter last night in a sling hunting the property line. 

Went to their camp and met them last night.  After talking with them and finding out how they hunt, gonna use their tactics to my advantage. 

Shot a doe yesterday morning, so we shall see what today brings. 

I am just loading up my 06, shotgun, and .22 rimfire, prior to opening up the bedroom window a crack. It is almost light enough now to distinguish "targets". I will be ready for a coyote, antlerless deer, or crow this morning.

My daughter got a nice video of a reddish colored coyote feeding on the deer carcass out back at 8:15 am, the day before yesterday.  A pack was sure howling on it last night.  Hopefully, there is still enough meat on them bones to keep one or two out til the sun peaks out a little more today.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic