LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

20 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Sitting in line and 2 trucks behind me have 3 children  in  them around 6 to 9 years old . Why would you bring them to this crazy place 

The 9 year old I could potentially see , I have a 5 year old at home and no way is he ready to sit in the woods all day. You do see it though ,some kids want to be there and some kids are forced to be there.

• Like 1

In the same spot again this morning. Windows are down Gun is loaded and heater is on stand by. My major hope for today is that my daughter will join me for the afternoon sit in the box blind we built “together”. It’s suppose to be a wintery mix this afternoon so I hope that does not scare her off even though we will be protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedroom stand this morning.  Widows open, with a pillow stuffed in it to keep out the cold.  No coyotes on the carcass yet.  I will use my .22 rimfire for the 80 yard shot if one shows up prior to 7:16 sunrise.  After that, it will be the 06.  That way, the kids won't need their alarm clock to wake up this morning.

The problem I got is that my 06 and shotgun both have good low-light Redfield scopes, but my .22 has a not so hot, cheap Simmons. I just unloaded the 06 because this is shotgun only zone, and you are not allowed to hunt coyotes with a centerfire rifle during open deer seasons.

If a coyote shows up after 7:16, It will get a 12 ga sabot.  The new Redfield Revolution scope I put on that gun last year is great in these low light conditions.  

Edited by wolc123

8 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

Conditions are perfect here in my part of 8H. Temps in the low 30’s and a slight breeze from the SE. Here’s hoping the deer feel the same way. 

Not looking too bad here, on the North west corner of wmu 9f.  There is a chewed in half buck carcass on the left, turnip patch in middle, and standing corn to right.  If an antlerless deer or a coyote stop by for breakfast, they will be in trouble.

20201122_071305.jpg

Not looking too bad here, on the North west corner of wmu 9f.  There is a chewed in half buck carcass on the left, turnip patch in middle, and standing corn to right.  If an antlerless deer or a coyote stop by for breakfast, they will be in trouble.
20201122_071305.thumb.jpg.1f1832a72dd00b8600779e5dcee14385.jpg
Do you at least have some camo on ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic