LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

11 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Decided I'd had enough sitting, so I took the rifle for a walk this afternoon.  Saw a donkey Doe, but it wasn't a great shot so I passed.  Walked about 6 miles I think, found some interesting sign.  Then chilled with my dad and his buddy with the poor aim by the fire for a while.  His buddy had a heart transplant, so he's thankful to be there, and who knows how many more years my dad will be doing this.  So, no deer but still a good day.imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34

Ouch.  When I got up from the couch last night, got double leg cramps that took 10 minutes to go away.  In spite of the half gallon of Gatorade I drank during the day.  I know I did alot if walking but man that hurt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Wife put her magazine in the gun this morning and the stupid flimsy plastic retention clip broke off. We have other guns but she wants to shoot hers. It’s a single shot for now. Ruger American 7mm08.

It is most often the first shot that counts anyhow.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Just a misfire on a yote. Not the first time hornady has done that to me. Glad it wasn’t a deer. Wont be using the rest of that box to hunt with. 

image.jpg

Be sure to put that in a safe place. They are very unstable and could randomly go off.

• Like 1

6pt and handful of doe this am. He was on the move for sure. Not much activity in fields like yesterday. Forgot phone in truck and dropped something coming in. Walked back to recover both. Sitting in stand back into cover. Hopefully its grandpappy comes in. All together about a dozen buck sightings yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Just a misfire on a yote. Not the first time hornady has done that to me. Glad it wasn’t a deer. Wont be using the rest of that box to hunt with. 

image.jpg

I had this problem with my Remington 30-06 . It wasn’t an ammo problem it was a firing pin problem. After sending the gun back too Remington twice it’s finally fixed! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolc123 said:

. . .  I just unloaded the 06 because this is shotgun only zone, and you are not allowed to hunt coyotes with a centerfire rifle during open deer seasons.

Actually the rule is a rimfire .22 or smaller, or a centerfire smaller than .22 (so .204, .17, etc. is OK). Invest in a .204, Wolc!

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic