LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

I walked to my spot in the rain and bumped a doe, that was the only wildlife activity I saw all day, not even a squirrel! Everyone else was seeing things though, partridge run WMA still sounding like a war zone. I heard a dozen shots in the first 15 minutes and a steady amount of shots during the rain showers in the afternoon. At least I got to put my game camera back up to see if the buck I had been seeing in pre season is still alive. Hey, a bad day hunting is better than a bad day at work! Good luck to everyone hunting this upcoming week!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Wife put her magazine in the gun this morning and the stupid flimsy plastic retention clip broke off. We have other guns but she wants to shoot hers. It’s a single shot for now. Ruger American 7mm08.

7mm-08 really not doing well today SpacemanSpiff had a misfire and what happened to your wife. 

• Confused 1

Just caught up from the last 2.5 days I was out of cell service at camp. Congrats on all the harvests.

The wind was blowing every direction opening morning and I am on the ground. At 9:10 a shot rings out but way up on top of the ridge on another property. Wind is blowing from my back towards the ridge one second and then back in my face. Looking in the direction the shot came and then I hear a twig break and leaves rustle. Look to my right and catch a racked buck doing a 180 away from me at 60yds. Never saw or heard it until he caught my scent.

The deer run the base of this hill all the time and the wind didn't help so I made a move so I could still watch that base and my scent wasn't blowing that direction. An hour and 25 minutes later, she snuck in on me and didn't see or hear her until she was 20 yards away coming straight at me. She stopped as she knew something wasn't right and turned to head away. Got a good rest against the tree and she popped out from behind a hemlock and it was over. According to Hunstand app she ran 52yds from point of impact with her heart broken into pieces.

That's NOT my buck picture below. Not sure how it was added to my post. Sorry to the rightful owner.

83df455cf98c194b60d0bf2645667a23.jpg&key=a6c41a9f3251b4cdc11b9f369a09b9f63d622946a42f76bbfc5e057573ee2fc15eac52f0cb60f5e25ccd1f3b56bc3278.jpg&key=605d5dbe47ceb54a59f634c818173e82b8148619a53b1c9ce46d22a494774f6b

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 14

Quieter? Just had my 24th sit of the season. No service out here in 9J / 9K. I’m like 400 posts back in this thread. Happens every year. I’ll hunt more in 2020 than any prior year thanks to working from home. Check my journal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quieter with posting is what I meant. Just bustin balls man. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Skunked on the day but I had my daughter with me for the afternoon sit which made it all worth it. She and I will be back out again thanksgiving morning in hopes for a repeat last year.

This year sure has seemed like one big let down and a big ball of frustration but then I look back on last year and how good of a season it was and I guess things are just evening out.

• Like 1

Saturday I think I saw 8 doe and a spike close by and a small 4 at a distance . Sunday I saw 12 doe from sunrise til noon no bucks and they never issues doe tags for 9p. Typical for the spot I hunt ,we've never figured out where the bucks go and we always have a pile of doe in the woods.

8 hours ago, fr0styk1ng said:

7mm-08 really not doing well today SpacemanSpiff had a misfire and what happened to your wife. 

:blink:

6 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Gotta be the chambering.....time to switch to .243

C'mon man! Everyone knows that's over kill on deer. .222 is where it's at.

Some bruiser bucks taken!

Congrats to everyone who punched a tag.

Heading out after the rain stops to get some still hunting in. At least that's the plan.

8 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Gotta be the chambering.....time to switch to .243

We have a Savage .243 and she’s killed deer with it. I told her she should take it. She’s got two of the best bucks on our wall with her Ruger so she really wanted to take that one, broken mag and all. One in the chamber, three in the pocket, lol.

I slept in today . Didn't want to get wet. . Going out at 10 with a buddy . Hopefully  we find something . I'll push to him he will get something 

I thought you were done with this pushing to other people business

• Like 2

Slept in this morning. Daughter and son in law are out together in the tower. She has a doe tag and he has a buck tag. Daughter took her 8 point from there Saturday.

I've still got a doe to cut up from last weekend. It’s been aging in the fridge. And I lost power in a bedroom and bathroom the other day. Breaker tripped and won’t reset. So calling around for an electrician this morning. 
I’ll be out for the afternoon sit!

• Like 1

Slept in everyone gone home till Wednesday just me next 2 days and my freezer is full from.archery. will head out later and seek out new neighbor who had someone walking thru my place yesterday a freind caught and sent on his way.  After he promised they would be on their place( he bought 10 acres 9.6 acres is field and have 4 guys hunting.) Guy was in his bix blind rattling andngrunting all day yesterday smh.. well time to be an a$$hole, 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic