LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Rainy on the Island until about 2. Have some things to get done around the house then off to the woods to set a new stand that I will sit in tomorrow am. This one is deep in the woods. In some real thick cover. There is some very promising sign in the form of very fresh rubs, a few scrapes and runs with fresh droppings. Pretty excited to try this spot. 

Edited by squirrelwhisperer

Just let the dog out, heard a noise and there’s a huge 8 point that was just starting to bolt away. Was standing next to my propane tank 20 yds from the house. Biggest buck I’ve laid eyes on in a couple of years. Gun was just inside the door 3 feet away, but he was taking off as soon as I noticed him.

39 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Just let the dog out, heard a noise and there’s a huge 8 point that was just starting to bolt away. Was standing next to my propane tank 20 yds from the house. Biggest buck I’ve laid eyes on in a couple of years. Gun was just inside the door 3 feet away, but he was taking off as soon as I noticed him.

Nice to know he's out there anyway 

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Please send him north.  Slow day here.

Have a couple things that need to be done here at home this morning. Then will head up to the farm around noon. Will hunt the bedding area cut, where yesterday, I saw 13 different flatheads. But not one buck? Kinda strange I thought. But plenty of buck sign around to keep me going back. 

Good luck to all hunting today!

Congratulations to all who got it done yesterday! You all did great!

Especially Turkey feathers, tree guy's dad, and Zeek!!!!

5 hours ago, DirtTime said:

:blink:

C'mon man! Everyone knows that's over kill on deer. .222 is where it's at.

Some bruiser bucks taken!

Congrats to everyone who punched a tag.

Heading out after the rain stops to get some still hunting in. At least that's the plan.

Im lazy I dont like tracking deer after I shoot them plus .308 is good all around for big game. If I dont get any deer soon might have to start using it to shoot the squirrels I see!

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Well Joe should be really happy.  Cool buck.  

Oh he is , I’m having a pity party though ....

Gave him three stand choices , he picked the one I shot the  buck you helped me track from  . Told him watch straight away and along the edge of the green field as they feed along it . IDK 7:30 he sees them straight away, mild chasing ,they head out into green field ,feeding down it .... buck goes after doe she runs into woods. Buck stays along edge watching her . Joes puts one through his heart .

I knew this buck from bow , my spot is his home turf .

Im home now , I’ll be back on stand by 1:00 .  We’re spitting the meat for his buck, which just may keep me from shooting a doe right now .

23 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My buddy hunted Zoar Saturday and was checked by the DEC. The officer told him has had to cover the entirety of Catt county by himself due to budget cuts.

Deer check was closed on 16 when I drove by sunday ,not sure if budget cuts or covid was the reason .

55 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Oh he is , I’m having a pity party though ....

Gave him three stand choices , he picked the one I shot the  buck you helped me track from  . Told him watch straight away and along the edge of the green field as they feed along it . IDK 7:30 he sees them straight away, mild chasing ,they head out into green field ,feeding down it .... buck goes after doe she runs into woods. Buck stays along edge watching her . Joes puts one through his heart .

I knew this buck from bow , my spot is his home turf .

Im home now , I’ll be back on stand by 1:00 .  We’re spitting the meat for his buck, which just may keep me from shooting a doe right now .

i forgot about that track. What was the outcome again? 

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic