LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

3 minutes ago, manmathison said:

My dad took a shot at what he thought was a doe but turned out to be a button buck at 375 yards. Landed a lung/liver shot and dropped him were he stood. Upset it was a BB but impressed with the shot and grateful for some meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never understood why one would be upset with a BB, but not a doe fawn?  

Both eat the same so why? Potential P&Y?  

Same doe fawn could have the same or better genetics as the BB. But every BB taken is considered as the next world record, but the doe fawn is just that..... a doe. 

Sorry, but it takes genetics from both parents to make something special. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Live from the Rio Grande, walked miles today and found some Bighorn sheep. I'll post up pics in a few days! Such an awesome place. IMG953496.jpgIMG953501.jpg

Ok that's some great scenery but get the fug away from the ledge!! My vertigo is going off just looking at your pic lol!!

Slow day in the woods in 8H. To make it even more painful, as soon as I got to my spot I received these cell cam pics from a property I hunted yesterday. Gotta see what the wind does tomorrow but will most likely try to make a move on him as he was trailing a doe and hopefully is still around

9768b7c4343d8b766e93dab6cac4a899.jpg

84d9633325d2228bafca259b111efe60.jpg

• Like 5

Never understood why one would be upset with a BB, but not a doe fawn?  
Both eat the same so why? Potential P&Y?  
Same doe fawn could have the same or better genetics as the BB. But every BB taken is considered as the next world record, but the doe fawn is just that..... a doe. 
Sorry, but it takes genetics from both parents to make something special. 

Not sure why the judgement over a simple statement. He/we’re grateful for the gift every time it happens, especially in these uncertain times. Neither my dad or I are rack hunters. We’re out there for the enjoyment and to provide for our family. He was upset that he misidentified the deer, not that he could have seen buttons at that distance, had nothing to do doe/buck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

When I left my stand this evening I had four legal bucks within rifle range..Three spikes and a forkie...

God  is punishing me for missing that big 8 point yesterday morning...<<sigh>>....

Missing ain’t like you.   That 8 better not make that mistake twice.   

1 hour ago, TheHornHunter said:

Slow day in the woods in 8H. To make it even more painful, as soon as I got to my spot I received these cell cam pics from a property I hunted yesterday. Gotta see what the wind does tomorrow but will most likely try to make a move on him as he was trailing a doe and hopefully is still around

9768b7c4343d8b766e93dab6cac4a899.jpg

84d9633325d2228bafca259b111efe60.jpg

Same thing happened to me, i feel your pain. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

2 hours ago, biggamefish said:

45 yard shot went 30.  Super happy with him. His body looked huge when he was standing there but he only weighed 120 pounds. I had to check 2 different scales.

20201123_152817.jpg

Congratulations Matt! Way to go buddy. Beautiful buck.

• Thanks 1

First time hunter this season. Got a small doe on opening day, perfect shot through the heart at about 50-60 yards. One on top is mine, bottom is a buddies. Will definitely never shoot that small ever again but what an amazing weekend it was. Not much movement at camp though. Will be heading out again soon to hopefully tag out. 20201121_075602.thumb.jpg.ef466e4ae481044e8926bfa21130ab39.jpgIMG_2406.thumb.jpg.0154e0884e61e2aa426690c6649d9a0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 27

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic