LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

3 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Omg i saw deer today wooohoo . They do live in the woods . Now to try again tomorrow 

Damn it! Now I think I'm the ONLY one who hasn't at least seen a deer since gun season opened! I've been out every day, except today, but have yet to see a deer! WTF...

2 hours ago, Engraver99 said:

Finally caught up with my big guy. Shot at 7:30am today with browning bolt action slug gun, lightfield slugs. Deer was shot at about 70 yards and went 30 before dropping. Now for some doe action.

20201125_083102.jpg

20201125_075621.jpg

What a beauty. Here i shot my biggest buck ever but then people like you make me feel like i only shoot little ones. This forum....

Seriously though,congrats on that.

• Like 1

In 3S with the bow for the afternoon sit in the management program. Wanted to hunt a different spot but someone else is there. Pretty happy actually as this place feels so right. It’s actually where I recovered my first bow kill all them years ago.
Nudged a doe on way in but smells like she’s been here a bit and I can just picture some more heading back this way...

4d24bab1fd18a6f77278c8de726bd83c.jpg&key=e4048ffb96f2c9618c5a4ff49a842171a7f6ab904cc902b03b4538050abb86aa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God I hate feeling great about a spot; then have nothing happen!!!!

I stayed dry in the tower and our daughter sat in our hidden field about 700 yds away. She’s an out of state hunter so she got her first doe tag in her hunting career this year. Filled it at about 4:00 pm. 
So happy for her. She took a New York 8 pointer and doe, and also got her first archery deer in NJ.

B0888A0E-466C-4106-B676-E379F4B623DE.jpeg

• Like 41

Nothing today thought I would see one.  Drove around the property since its surrounded by meadows not one deer in them.  Good news there is a buck still in there because hes got 2 really fresh scrapes in front of my stand.  Planning on going to the spot I went on the opener of gun but not sure if i should go do an all day sit on that property I was at today and wait for him to come back and freshen the scrape up.  I'll be there either way in the evenning.  

4 hours ago, Engraver99 said:

Finally caught up with my big guy. Shot at 7:30am today with browning bolt action slug gun, lightfield slugs. Deer was shot at about 70 yards and went 30 before dropping. Now for some doe action.

20201125_083102.jpg

20201125_075621.jpg

Wow, nice buck. Was he taken in Jefferson,NY. Whereabouts? I hunt near Harpersfield.

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

Do you apply for 3k doe permits or would you not even take a doe at home ?

I have asked about 3k doe tags every year.  Never can get one, at home I wouldn’t take one, but thousands of acres of state land up the road I would.  These does are daily visitors.

• Like 1

I have asked about 3k doe tags every year.  Never can get one, at home I wouldn’t take one, but thousands of acres of state land up the road I would.  These does are daily visitors.

Weird I thought after 3 preference points people usually get them in 3k

There is rain and light sw winds in the forecast this morning.  Looks like I will be bringing my tree umbrella and hunting the stand overlooking my front corn plot.  I have a nice enclosed blind by the plot farther back, but that one is picked clean and not as good for this wind direction. 

My other option is to hunt the front plot from my bedroom window.  My wife needs to get some sleep though, she was up late cleaning up my butchering mess, so I think I will go out.  It sounds like the rain is letting up a bit now.

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic