LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

56 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

In. Couldn't find my umbrella, naturally. It's warm feels like spring turkey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am under mine now.  Sure got a lot of use out of it this year.  I snuck back to my front stand, during a brief lull, and got it up just as it started coming down hard again.  This damn popular tree is too big to reach around for the straps, but I have one side lashed to a branch, and the other side to the support.  It seems to be holding well in the light wind.

I have a good view of my bedroom window from this stand, thinking that is where I should be.  

20201126_072113.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

There is rain and light sw winds in the forecast this morning.  Looks like I will be bringing my tree umbrella and hunting the stand overlooking my front corn plot.  I have a nice enclosed blind by the plot farther back, but that one is picked clean and not as good for this wind direction. 
My other option is to hunt the front plot from my bedroom window.  My wife needs to get some sleep though, she was up late cleaning up my butchering mess, so I think I will go out.  It sounds like the rain is letting up a bit now.

Look at you doing the right thing and staying home! Good luck today! I hope you get a nice BB. Looks like you are becoming quite the liberal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

In. Couldn't find my umbrella, naturally. It's warm feels like spring turkey

Have 2 brand news ones in my back seat still the the box.  Not hunting but going to trek in now to swap out cam cards in local spot to look for beast on cam.  Good luck everyone. Raining here too 

A91A526D-AF30-453A-8C0E-3EB4F092059F.jpeg

Edited by turkeyfeathers

It is rather comfortable out now.  The rain has stopped and there is a 5 mph sw wind.  Scratch that, as I was typing, the screws pulled out of my seat, it fell to the ground and now I got to stand. 

Good thing I put the umbrella up high enough, but it is blocking my view a bit, so I think I will take it down.  Right after I did that on opening day up in the nz, a big buck snuck in on me.  Hopefully, a doe will try that today.  I think I can stand for an hour for so, then it is time to get ready for turkey.

20201126_082020.jpg

Edited by wolc123

6 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

It is rather comfortable out now.  The rain has stopped and there is a 5 mph sw wind.  Scratch that, as I was typing, the screws pulled out of my seat, it fell to the ground and now I got to stand. 

Good thing I put the umbrella up high enough, but it is blocking my view a bit, so I think I will take it down.  Right after I did that on opening day up in the nz, a big buck snuck in on me.  Hopefully, a doe will try that today.  I think I can stand for an hour for so, then it is time to get ready for turkey.

20201126_082020.jpg

Yikes, that thing looks a complete piece of shit!! Don’t mean to be a jerk but your life’s more important and sitting in sketchy stands! Happy thanksgiving 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zag said:

Yikes, that thing looks a complete piece of shit!! Don’t mean to be a jerk but your life’s more important and sitting in sketchy stands! Happy thanksgiving 

It has a new strap and a safety/shooting rail rail all the way around, so there is no danger of falling.  Also, only 7 ft high (that is the height I am most comfortable hunting from).

Standing sucked though, so I used a "field expedient" (my drag rope), to make a new seat support:

20201126_083203.jpg

20201126_083144.jpg

So far, so good.

Edited by wolc123

I got 2-3-4 old hang ons in the shed less sketch you can have for free lol

Waited for rain to pass and got in at 8am in 7f state just poking, sitting, putzin

Not super into it, have had a headache for 3 days and feeling kinda bla since yesterday. I’ll be pissed if I got Covid from reading Biz’s journal!

• Like 7

Dude piece of shit is a understatement. That thing is a death trap

• Haha 3

Only 3 shots heard so far,surprised.light rain showers off and on.agree'd [mention=5278]The_Real_TCIII[/mention],pretty warm out here.if im not mistaken i think last thanksgiving was brutally cold and windy.i remember hunking down behind a tree for some warmth

I sat three hours in driving sleet last TG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Dude piece of shit is a understatement. That thing is a death trap

The rope support is not real comfortable but better than standing.  I will cut a 2x6 treated lumber cross piece and bring it back on my next usage.  I know how wide it has to be by the length of my gun, from the butt pad to the middle of the clip.

I am going to give a doe another half hour or so to show up today before pulling the plug.  I might get out in another field edge stand, for the last half hour or so after the turkey gets eaten, if the weather is good.

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic