LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

The rope support is not real comfortable but better than standing.  I will cut a 2x6 treated lumber cross piece and bring it back on my next usage.  I know how wide it has to be by the length of my gun, from the butt pad to the middle of the clip.
I am going to give a doe another half hour or so to show up today before pulling the plug.  I might get out in another field edge stand, for the last half hour or so after the turkey gets eaten, if the weather is good.

Happy thanksgiving stay safe out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to go to the store this morning.  Drove past my hunting spots.  One field had 7 doe and a 6pt that I would gladly have taken.  Little further on, a slammer of a 8pt was guarding a doe next to a island of trees only 60 yrds from the road. 

I was going to take a pic when a truck pulled up and the guy started to get out with his rifle.  I quickly pointed out the posted sign, and my clients house only 150' away.  He basically said he didn't care, so I walked in the field and spooked them off.  I then snapped a pic of the license plate and said DEC will be called. 

I hate road riders... Notice I didn't say road hunters, as I don't consider them hunters. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, mowin said:

Had to go to the store this morning.  Drove past my hunting spots.  One field had 7 doe and a 6pt that I would gladly have taken.  Little further on, a slammer of a 8pt was guarding a doe next to a island of trees only 60 yrds from the road. 

I was going to take a pic when a truck pulled up and the guy started to get out with his rifle.  I quickly pointed out the posted sign, and my clients house only 150' away.  He basically said he didn't care, so I walked in the field and spooked them off.  I then snapped a pic of the license plate and said DEC will be called. 

I hate road riders... Notice I didn't say road hunters, as I don't consider them hunters. 

Glad you took swift action. Trespassers are not hunters they are lawbreakers.     valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 1

Quit at 9:30 and no deer seen, just one fat red squirrel.  The knot pulled apart on my seat support (rope was a little too short for the span), so I got to test the safety rail again.  I stood for the last 15 minutes.

I have had enough of deer hunting until tomorrow morning.  It is too warm for hanging a carcass now anyhow, and I wouldn't have time to skin one and get it in the deer fridge before we have to leave for the small Thanksgiving dinner gathering.

I heard one shot nearby at 8:30, and 4 more a bit farther off at 8:45.  Maybe someone across the road was putting on a drive.  I am planning on being out there at home all day tomorrow, in a couple of my more comfortable stands.

Got in my tower about sevenish....There were 3 deer on the far end of the field....Got the binocs on them  and they were Homer and Marvin, two little spikes I have seen every day this season, and another little 3-4 point that I have seen a couple of times..

End of story....Nothing else seen  and at the urging of my colon, I came home about 9:30...Time to start getting dinner ready anyway......

24 minutes ago, mowin said:

What is wrong with people?

• Like 2

Well that sucked! Headed back to the local mountain 10 minutes out. 200 yards up past the first shelf I feel rain hitting me in the head. Then it opened up on me and poured. By the time I did the walk back down I was soaked. Time to bust out the oil and give the 25-06 a good wipe down now.

There are just times when one should follow their gut. I should have listened.

Had to sit out the last couple of days. I've had what the doctor believes is a pinched nerve in my neck. Neck, shoulders, arms, and hands were throbbing in pain and tingling. Opening day I sat from daylight til dark in the stand, but I was in agony all day. Had to leave the stand Sunday, because I was in so much pain I was physically shaking. Doc gave me orders yesterday to take it easy and prescribed Prednisone, Vicodin, and Flexeril, so I'm going to try to limit my stand time to one hunt a day now for some balance. I'm moving in 2 weeks, so I NEED to get better for that! I haven't seen a deer yet, so I don't think I'm missing much. Still plenty of season left. Besides, I would rather take one with my new muzzleloader anyways.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

and at the urging of my colon, I came home about 9:30.

I've had to try to "re-train" mine, to get on a more convenient schedule! I started carrying a roll of toilet paper in my backpack, just incase, but I haven't any emergency dumps yet! Seems like when I don't carry toilet paper, I'm busting to go and looking around for leaves! :pardon:

17 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

Morning sit with my daughter! Got in at 7 about 830 she started getting antsi. I said 15 more min and we can go. I hear crack. See a fawn run out of the wood like he was hit with a hot poker. Then I see another deer run out and back in. Then boom a big deer steps. Just a big doe. I ask my daughter what she wants me to do. She says" shoot dad" so I did. 85 yard shot she ran 30.. Awsome Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone has a great day.

20201126_083118.jpg

Congrats, and what a great picture. 

41 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I've had to try to "re-train" mine, to get on a more convenient schedule! I started carrying a roll of toilet paper in my backpack, just incase, but I haven't any emergency dumps yet! Seems like when I don't carry toilet paper, I'm busting to go and looking around for leaves! :pardon:

I don't leave home without it.....Some days you can follow me around the woods by following my " paper trail".....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

I have moved on to blue paper towels, for the really big jobs.

• Like 1

Congrats Moho. Unfortunately I missed when I shot at the largest buck I've ever seen this morning. Pretty bummed at the whole situation. It happened so fast, and with two 8pts and a wide 10pt standing 40 yds away and you can't shoot really sucks. Then they are running past the area you can shoot and you miss just sucks. I'm going to have nightmares about this one.
Turkey is in the oven and time to crack a beer or 7. Happy Thanksgiving all. d14382fd59eb3dcc2ef2ace3a679a5c5.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Jerk neighbor trespassed over to check my food plots this morning. Walked right up by my blind and scared out a grazing doe that he never saw. I asked if I could help him. He jumped and said "sorry, I wouldn't have came over if I knew you were here". I sent Captain Obvious home...

IMG_20201126_074208115.jpg

• Sad 4

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic