LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Had a couple doe work through a nearby hardwood saddle between a couple ridges. Nothing trailing them and they were moving slow and browsing. Moves on and now have a few doe bedded down the ridge below me. Pretty quiet afyer about an hour, so I'm thinking they've already went a couple rounds with local bucks. Might back out and go find another group.
ee1102ef6edc33d1267e3f06073528a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

Snack time! My wonderful wife sent me out with a bag of homemade Snickerdoodle cookies. Most exciting part of my day, so far. Hope the deer decide to change that. 

08F0BBB6-B9E7-4ECF-BA02-1CA55FE3ED2B.jpeg

Idk about that, those are pretty great cookies and looks like your wife nailed it to me. Little soft and sweet! Just need some hot coffee or glass of milk. Got me jelly.

My little friend just stopped by to say hello.  Some big bully knocked one of his points off the left side since I saw him last.  He is down to just three now.  Too bad he didn't knock off the other side, so I could put him on a dmp tag.  He had all four when I passed him up, on opening day of crossbow a couple weeks ago, about 20 yards from where he is standing in this picture:

20201127_153311.jpg

Edited by wolc123

I’ve always been awful at staging deer for pictures. The pictures I had yesterday on my phone where nice but they really didn’t capture the bucks true mass. Today I get sent a few pictures from a friend who was also snapping pictures that capture the buck much better even though we are not looking at the camera.
1528d9ff5882a79bda126bc85ecf2fe3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 21

I saw a very strange creature in the woods today.  It had four legs brown color and when it ran away is had a white tail. 

Jumped the doe on the way out.  Got down early to check out where the Jay's were screeching up a storm and I thought I could hear walking.  Yep just out of sight of my stand you can see 2 or 3 walking paths in the leaves from deer.  How do I know they were deer?  The fresh scrape that they all went to and walked through.  Atleast I know they are still up there.

41 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Decent 8/9pt with broken g3 bit the dust.   Snuck up on me and I didn’t know he was directly behind me until I moved and I heard him running away.  Scoped myself in the rush to shoot him and hold on to tree while turning around.  Lol.   But perfect shot.   Honestly wasnt sure how big he was as it happened really fast but no complaints.   Fun hunt with Treeguy.  

90C27168-C08E-4E1E-85F2-84FAE60AEA57.jpeg

D7FB7190-B35E-4E99-A639-1C43D4250F43.jpeg

Love the buck, hate the scope bite...........BTW, most of us that do any amount of hunting or shooting have been corked by the eye piece of their scope once or twice.  You could end up with a shiner and that my friends brings mega brownie points in my book.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Decent 8/9pt with broken g3 bit the dust.   Snuck up on me and I didn’t know he was directly behind me until I moved and I heard him running away.  Scoped myself in the rush to shoot him and hold on to tree while turning around.  Lol.   But perfect shot.   Honestly wasnt sure how big he was as it happened really fast but no complaints.   Fun hunt with Treeguy.  

Worth it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Congrats Moog!  Nice buck.  

• Like 1

90C27168-C08E-4E1E-85F2-84FAE60AEA57.thumb.jpeg.617d4bc8641e5c0c2c3f8ec9c7a488ab.jpeg
D7FB7190-B35E-4E99-A639-1C43D4250F43.thumb.jpeg.ec76ce00fce8341e615f9b93ee51a638.jpeg

Way to go Moog!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic