LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Just finished this up for my son, gonna be hard to hide it for the next month lol we cut this tree down in out back yard this spring, I used the chainsaw and cut some rounds, treated them, sanded for days, poly coated them, and finished it. Was a lot of work! 

AF0224E6-9BA4-4A6D-8E5B-EA2E3122D5CE.jpeg

This is fantastic! I'm sure he's going to love it!

• Like 1

Just now, cbandjkcustoms said:

What part of 6k

North portion of Clark Hill, Buck Hill and Penn Mtn State Forests are where I primarily go, I have been to Jackson Hill with some friends but not solo. I like the hills as a ground hunter because I can see better as opposed to the flatter areas south of Rome. Unless you have a better recommendation to hook me up!

6K hunter here.. I am working today and tomorrow and got the honey pass to head out Wednesday.. it is looking pretty good with a few inches of snow hitting the ground the night before.. looking for anything with horns to make it number 3 in the freezer
I am a public land hunter with no treestand/saddle so I am relegated to the ground... what would you guys suggest as a strategy... i am hunting some state forest that has some pretty good elevation changes... should I go find a ridge and sit tight downwind and hope the second rut will kick in (judging by your posts the past week it looks like the first rut is officially done) or try and be super aggressive and try and walk up on an unsuspecting buck and hope to get a shot off before I spook them
My buddy shot a beautiful 7 point in 6n on Friday and he was right on the ass of a doe if that gives you any help or hope.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All caught up. Camp sucked. Sat Friday afternoon and saw zip. Sat a few hours Saturday morning then it started pouring. I still hunted in the rain til 1130 and got back to the cabin to dry off and get a bite to eat. I hiked the hills for 2miles in the afternoon and put up 1 tail and a small doe.

Got home Sunday morning and found out the buck I missed on Thanksgiving was shot that morning. 9pt with a split brow making him a 10. 19" inside spread. I'm still a little sick about it but happy someone I know got him.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Is it me or does this look like something  from star wars 

Screenshot_20201130-124639_Chrome.jpg

That’s a front loader of some sort, my corporate neighbor ends up with all kinds of stuff as repair collateral, bonus is that were ready to move a BIG buck anytime!

Edited by 3MAlex

1 minute ago, cynthiafu said:

Anyone up? There was only 2 of us in line this morning where is everyone?

get that buck !  good luck.  I will prob be out tomorrow, i have the rest of the week off after today. And Thursday looks great with prob an all day hunt.  A lot of people winding down on hunting now,  so will see less and less people out and I am counting on it for a good muzzleloader season. 

• Like 3

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic