LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Anyone up? There was only 2 of us in line this morning where is everyone?

Way to represent! Good luck!
Most I assume are just allowing that full moon to pass through and then this place will be back to hopping!!! Anyone else notice a severe slow down of activity?!? Coincidence, I think not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Most I assume are just allowing that full moon to pass through and then this place will be back to hopping!!! Anyone else notice a severe slow down of activity?!? Coincidence, I think not!

Seen the opposite. I have seen some bucks cruising around. I checked a trail cam this last week and had some day time movement. It crazy how different one side of the state can be compared to the other. Even neighboring towns at that!!

• Like 2

A few days before and after a full moon always SUCK for me seeing any deer activity! It’s just dead!

I’ve been talking to several guys at work about their gun season so far. No one has been seeing squat! By far the majority haven’t even seen a deer yet, including myself!

• Like 3

Shot a doe in the afternoon after horribly missing on a big ten in the morning. Saw seven deer total that day. Watched the beautiful full Beaver Moon rise before tracking down the doe. Any well lit night has more movement than a moonless night, wether from clouds or new moon. The day before, after or otherwise I haven’t noticed any significant change in activity. Deer still have to feed and that means moving. 

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

yep. midweek post vacation, rain, full moon, busy weekend of woods activity. This is a good time for guys and gals to take a moment to catch up and give the woods some time to bounce back.

Hunting today is only a maybe. Just finished skinning, quartering and deboning the doe I shot a couple of days ago and now I’m inside, getting ready to butcher and pack the parts that aren’t going to be made into sausage and jerky..hoping for the last two hours.

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

Nephew called he saw 22 this morning , he’s in Tenn. I assume the same moon phase though .

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2020 at 3:36 PM, rob-c said:

Mmmmm, could be ...

BE5C9456-5B71-45FF-AD47-9CC24341B8D9.jpeg

Argh! Where in 3M was this? I have an either sex Jawa tag I haven't filled yet...

Anyway, like I was sayin', Jawa is the fruit of the desert. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, Jawa-kabobs, Jawa creole, Jawa gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple Jawa, lemon Jawa, coconut Jawa, pepper Jawa, Jawa soup, Jawa stew, Jawa salad, Jawa and potatoes, Jawa burger, Jawa sandwich. That- that's about it.

• Like 2

Up early today 330, look out window and see deer silhouettes out in the small corn field, snow still falling looks like a few inches on the car from last night. Glad im inside. Moon is crazy bright through the clouds. Look lik sno ending about 5 am.. maybe ill go out a track one this am

• Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic