LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

9 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I  shot a  nice fat spike tonite....Made a nice 250 yard shot...Made me feel just a little better after missing a much closer shot on a much bigger buck the second day of the season.... Mort and I still had a wrestling match trying to get him in the truck....Two old men trying to get a limp deer up on  a high tailgate.....Hehehe... I am going to rig up a come along  or future use, so I can just winch 'em on...  Got my meat for the season, but I still have two DMPs ...I may take another to can, and I also have an old fishing buddy, Handsome Howie, who would gratefully accept a deer ....

Congrats Dan. 250 wow that's a poke.   Way to go!

• Thanks 1

I'm shooting a Rem M700 DBM Mountain Rifle that I bought in the early 1990s....It has always been very accurate and grouped around 1" off the bench at 100 yards with the two loads I have used in it, the first with a Nosler 140 BT  and my current load with a Barnes 120  TSX...  The only factory rounds it has ever seen was a box of Rem  Green 140  that I bought for barrel break in and to get some brass....
All I can tell you about factory load availability is that before the current situation, I  used to see plenty of 7-08 factory loads in the gunshops....It is a very popular round here in  southwestern NY and central/northwestern PA.....Lots of folks here on the forum shoot it and like it...

I shoot a 7mm-08 and LOVE it, it’s a fantastic whitetail round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rooster85 said:

I shoot a 7mm-08 and LOVE it, it’s a fantastic whitetail round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my 7mm08. Pulled the trigger 2x on deer. Last year : 140 yard shot and she went nowhere. This year 30-35 yard shot and he went nowhere . I’d love to stretch out a long shot.  Congrats Dan , nice poke ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful morning to be out... nice and overcast. Hunting out of my 3rd different ladder stand with the same results. Still haven’t seen a deer. Plenty of turkeys , ducks and squirrels though. The top left hand corner you can see a cubby that I’ve used in the past. Tomorrow’s forecast calls for a rainy day..... wish it would snow. Best of luck to those who are still hunting.

6CBF6799-DCEB-4B4B-9CCA-79F8BDF84ABE.jpeg

• Like 3

a bit of a bust with regards to seeing anything last night. But my first sit in 9 days and it felt good to get out. Of the 3 properties I can hunt, we're seeing very little daylight movement on cams and even nocturnal movement is minimal. A lot of the big guys have gone MIA as well which means they're really hiding or they're dead. Man I hate gun season.

• Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic