LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm out mooching around for a doe, my hope is to take one with this ML my dad bought me. It's never killed. I'd love to take a doe with it before season ends0efab3e20350aa46b77473e3a1ff6ba1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beautiful muzzleloader Tacks.  Hope you get to drop one with it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_C said:

I am covered up in deer. Just got back to the stand to get my gear and 5 more standing 75 yards away. That makes 17 seem so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Don!! That's a beautiful buck! Ever need help thinning out some of those 17 deer let me know. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just read something interesting in the regs that may allow me to take a third buck. A primitive weapon gives a hunter the right of prima nochte to the buck tag of any other hunter in the area. If I shoot a buck I can simply walk over and demand their tag. Decorum states that they bring it over to me but that seems to have been lost in history

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Just read something interesting in the regs that may allow me to take a third buck. A primitive weapon gives a hunter the right of prima nochte to the buck tag of any other hunter in the area. If I shoot a buck I can simply walk over and demand their tag. Decorum states that they bring it over to me but that seems to have been lost in history

I think you may have a misunderstanding of what you are allowed to do with a buck based on the doctrine of "prima nochte".  But you do have rights if you choose to exercise them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Heck.....with the season I'm having, I may as well walk mine out to ya!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I think you may have a misunderstanding of what you are allowed to do with a buck based on the doctrine of "prima nochte".  But you do have rights if you choose to exercise them!

You made me look up "Prima Nochte"!  I learned something today.   @The_Real_TCIII - you want to do that with a buck? In the field? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Otto said:

You made me look up "Prima Nochte"!  I learned something today.   @The_Real_TCIII - you want to do that with a buck? In the field? 

For some reason, I think he will have difficulty encouraging the buck to enter his castle for the night, especially if the buck knows the meaning of prima nocta. Field it is and hold on!

• Haha 1

hehe, came in for lunch and to see if anything walked past  the cameras during daylight and to catch up here and had to laugh as I read "I'm covered up in deer" (Congrats on a great looking buck!)  after my text exchange with my brother this morning who is 60 miles away.... (emojis removed)

bro: What exactly does a whitetail deer look like"?

me: Their tails are completely bright white and four feet long, they stand 7 foot at the shoulder and have one very large eye in the middle of their head.

bro: are they indigenous to the area?

me: Yes, for many, many years... the curious thing is that they have developed a defense strategy whereby they burrow underground beginning the 3rd Saturday in November each year (called a scrape) and cannot be found thereafter!

bro: Fascinating! I'd love to see one.

me: but aren't you worried about your "perfect season" like the 72 Dolphins and maybe Steelers this year? 

... and on we went... his perfect season is that he shot the only deer he has seen since opening day, I got a buck with the crossbow so we have meat and are still having a blast. 

• Like 7

Congrats on some great deer!

I finally saw my first deer of regular season this morning, but unfortunately it saw me first. A doe came from straight behind my stand, which is the only obstructed view I have from this particular tree. It had to have been darn near right under me when it bolted, certainly took me by surprise. Oh well, I don't have an antlerless tag right now anyways. It was just nice to know that there are still deer in my neck of the woods :)

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic