LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Headed out this morning with my youngest daughter who’s 7 years old. She finally had enough interest this year to see what she’s been missing out on. We will set up in the enclosed box crank the heat and have some fun. I expect this to be a short sit but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Made it to the stand undetected I think. First time all year I didnt get turned around on the hill.  Sitting until 1030 then mama wants to head to Binghamton to do some Christmas shopping.  So hopefully deer down by 730 since it takes 3 hrs to get them out.  She gave me until 1 at the latest to leave from home since she knows if I get one at 10 I won't be out by 1030.

• Like 1

Up at 4 am . Wife and I were planning on hitting  the woods for the day.  She isn't feeling well so she went back to bed .  Guess  I will let her sleep for a while and do a midday sit . Tomorrow  my uncle ,cousin and I are going on a stateland hunt . We usually  do well hunting together. 

• Like 1

Doe patrol is all about comfort and convenience for me.  In the last 20 years, I have killed a total of one doe, after opening day of gun season.  I had planned to hit my swamp edge hang on stand this morning, where I blew a good chance on one back in 2018, on this very weekend.  Two little bucks chased a doe twice around my stand that day.  My firing pin froze up on the first "chip shot", and I missed her clean, on the second lap.

The slight drizzle has me holed up in the lower level of my two story blind over in my parents woods.  I have never killed a deer from the lower deck of this one, but did take what may have been my heaviest buck ever (43" chest girth), from up top back in 2016.

My sister's house is about 400 yards to my east, and she has been seeing a doe and fawn feeding on apples near dawn, each morning this week, in an old orchard between us.  I will pour my first cup of hot cider at 7:30, legal shooting time.  Maybe the aroma will draw them in for a shot.  I certainly am dry and comfortable anyhow, and I will be warm and toasty after I start sipping.

• Like 1

I'm out in the cut blind. A couple of doe's crossed at first light. Nothing since. Will pull it out this weekend. Along with the other two hub blinds.  My hunting partner will do some small pushes to me later. I'm no longer going to be so selective at this point in the season. But hoping he can get one of the big boys up to me? We'll see?

• Like 4

This enclosed blind is really paying off this year. I don’t how many times it’s been since the Gun opening that we have had at least some sort of perception but it’s been quite a bit. It’s currently freezing rain but dry and warm inside.
4845a46340208ba82e88f626349b425f.jpg

• Like 24

4 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

This enclosed blind is really paying off this year. I don’t how many times it’s been since the Gun opening that we have had at least some sort of perception but it’s been quite a bit. It’s currently freezing rain but dry and warm inside.
4845a46340208ba82e88f626349b425f.jpg

The one on the left is a cutie  !!

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic