LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

13 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

No you mentioned in the past you don't like shooting doe on your home property but with all the doe you've been seeing this year might be time to thin to hurd a little bit.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

No doe tags, never had one for here, other than the either sex tags.  Low deer density zone, difficult to get them.

This enclosed blind is really paying off this year. I don’t how many times it’s been since the Gun opening that we have had at least some sort of perception but it’s been quite a bit. It’s currently freezing rain but dry and warm inside.
4845a46340208ba82e88f626349b425f.jpg&key=40d30b6ec4f021dcaa286dab0b451ea660ca4d74f97aa443de840ead820a1085

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully it hasn't seen any snow load, I have legitimate concerns about its construction...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 2

No doe tags, never had one for here, other than the either sex tags.  Low deer density zone, difficult to get them.
Well now that you have the comfort of the elevated blind it's time to lay the smackdown with the xbow or smoke pole late season on one.

• Like 1

Questionable drawings on this one Tacks?
There's reason to believe that he skirted all town ordinances and didn't get it signed off on by a structural engineer before beginning construction! That guy has a lot of nerve taking his children up in that monstrosity!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just checked some records ,last time I didn’t get a deer was ‘93 , but in 2,000 I shot three bucks ,one in bow and two eights in back to back days in gun , from the same spot .

Im not sure that was legal, which seems odd as I don’t use others tags and I play be the rules , ,hopefully the statute of limitations is up .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Just checked some records ,last time I didn’t get a deer was ‘93 , but in 2,000 I shot three bucks ,one in bow and two eights in back to back days in gun , from the same spot .

Im not sure that was legal, which seems odd as I don’t use others tags and I play be the rules , ,hopefully the statute of limitations is up .

Way back in the day, we could use a permit on either sex. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Nomad said:

It ain’t over yet... You still have time to get 2 this season! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

That place looks very deery, it amazes me how diverse NY woods can be. From the looks of that place looks very thick with underbrush and not much in the way of big timber.

By me in central NY seems the opposite  not much on the thick stuff, lots of fields, ag fields, pockets of big pine standings, open hardwoods, lots of crab apple trees. The only really thick area I have is my sanctuary and the ditch which has tons of alders, brush and thorny blackberry. 

By you it just seems everything other then the trails its thick and nasty. Other then those trails, can you actually walk in those woods? Just curious thats all and living vicarious threw you guys until the ML opens...lol

You nailed it. If it wasn't for the trails you couldn't hunt it.  Can't hardly walk thru it and when you do it's getting cut and scratched up and swampy.  Lots of deer trails thru the thick but no way to shoot into it.  And yes hardly any trees .  We put up stands on the ones we can and along property line.  It's all wetlands that have grown in.  And can't cut any trails into it either.  Biggest problem for gun is there is nothing to hold deer here.  Once everything is dead no food for them and nearby are fields and a golf course.  So they are just gone after the rut. Tough gun hunting . During bow there are some good ones about and it's ok hunting but gun esp after opening weekend is usually a bust. Haven't seen a deer in 10 days in daylight. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Thankfully it hasn't seen any snow load, I have legitimate concerns about its construction...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Questionable drawings on this one Tacks?

4:12 pitch with a metal roof. The snow does not stand a chance.

Also. Not joking I did some CAD drawings for it before I started working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic