LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Samantha and I hunted at Gman’s til 11:15 and saw nothing . Decent wind and snow but being in the glass tower she was warm which beats seeing nothing and being cold. 
3B4B7D28-64EE-4455-81E4-5B43EB3CF673.thumb.jpeg.2f540596e460817f20c774f24f2e3fc0.jpeg
B80FBC63-B4ED-4B96-BEC2-D1046976C203.thumb.jpeg.df1f5f5d417dd83f0d61c8085a2fabb0.jpeg

This downstate guy doesn’t use heat or sleeves!

1ce56735fb0cf9dfb2df4dcf793eec91.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

More than likely this afternoon will be the last deer hunt this year that my grandson can join me. Although it has been a slow year for us and so far today has produced no deer sightings, I am thankful for the opportunity to spend some time with him. Still a couple of hours left today. We both have tags to fill so who knows. Fingers crossed 

• Like 2

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

.308 is rifle! That’s gotta be your neck of the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha, could be if there wasn't a field in the pic. Sunday afternoon’s up here, it is like a war zone, all the out of towners shoot off what's loaded in their rifles, before heading down the highways to wherever they live. Well opening weekend anyway.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I am back in my swamp edge hang-on for the last hour.  This stand ain't comfortable enough for much longer than that anyhow. Lunch took longer than expected, with 2 bowls of mom's chile, followed by a nap, and moving some furniture around for her.

Bless yore pea pickin'  little heart.....No kidding... Good to take care of Mom...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I am back in my swamp edge hang-on for the last hour.  This stand ain't comfortable enough for much longer than that anyhow. Lunch took longer than expected, with 2 bowls of mom's chile, followed by a nap, and moving some furniture around for her.

20201203_194020.jpg

Mmmmm Chili  ..

• Like 1

I had a nice sit from the ground this morning. I tucked into the top of my climber with a thermos of tea. I didn’t expect to see much, and was disappointed that the forecasted snow was all rain, but still was a pleasant morning. 
I saw one deer, I couldn’t tell what it was, too far away and running. I talked with the landowner this afternoon, and he said he came across a couple of guys who don’t have permission to hunt doing a drive while he was out fixing fences. I’m sure the one I saw was pushed out by these 2 guys. I also found a stand that I don’t think belongs to the other guy that hunts the property. The landowner is going to check, and if it’s not, I’ll have a new stand. It’s disappointing the lack of respect that people have for landowners and other hunters. 
I’m going to sit out the rest of regular season, and try to get back out pretty heavy during Muzzleloader season. I’ll have an either sex and an antlerless to fill. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, OldBrian said:

Grandson and I harvested a doe around 3:15. Wish he would have shot it but due to the way we were setup I  was the only one with a shot but he was right there and I am calling it our harvest. Only deer we saw all day. Nice end to a good day with him

Congratulations Brian!! All that time you put in finally paid off!  Glad Michael was able join you with the harvest!!

Grandson and I harvested a doe around 3:15. Wish he would have shot it but due to the way we were setup I  was the only one with a shot but he was right there and I am calling it our harvest. Only deer we saw all day. Nice end to a good day with him

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Once everything is dead no food for them and nearby are fields and a golf course.  So they are just gone after the rut.

They are not gone, they are there somewhere, that is the type of cover they look for to lay up in until dark, they will let you walk right by them. I would bet a good chunk of change if someone cast a couple of Deer running Beagles in that stuff you would see Deer running all over the place.

Problem is that would not be legal;)

Al

• Haha 1

Didn’t see anything until the walk out and jumped one. My brother texted me cell cam pics of does and a fawn walking by his stand that he was not in a few hundred yards from me. Oh well, tomorrow’s another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic