LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

I went out with the 336 in 35 rem today. I actually just made a deal online for a marlin 444p if it comes before this coming weekend I may take it out. Would love to shoot a deer with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve shot deer with the .444 and it’s definitely lays them out! Looked like I threw a 5 gallon bucket of blood out in the snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zag said:

I was listening to Bob Lonsberry the other day and he had a dec officer on from reg 8 and they asked him about the after Christmas hunting and he said should hear something real soon!! That would be sweet!!

Our movers are coming this Friday so that should take some pressure off! 

Actually Jeremy Hurst runs the deer , bear and moose  program statewide . He also mentioned a Sept gun hunt in areas near Lonsberry ,  where they need to reduce the population, so parts zone 8 . Fingers crossed for 8H .

Heading out to 8g in a few.. hope the orange army over the weekend didn't run the population right outta this place! Good luck to all heading out this morning.... Allegheny was a bust this weekend... Not one deer seen between the three of us and no shots fired.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wolc123 said:

If and when I get another rifle, the 7mm08 is probably what I will go with, most likely in a Ruger American. 

That's what my wife shoots, three deer haven't gone 3 yds. And that's a cumulative 3 yds. Cheap plastic retention clip on the magazine snapped off on opening morning this year. Can't find one in stock online. So it's currently a single shot.

decided that instead of watching football on the couch, I'd take my Sunday ticket to a blind on the farm I can hunt. Didn't see a thing but human tracks. Of all 3 properties I hunt, they're all so freaking pressured that I haven't seen a deer in like 5 sits. 

Have I mentioned how much I hate gun season?

• Like 3

Still no daytime sightings except a lone panicked looking doe around noon a couple days back on camera, all activity at night, not even 5 minutes before legal afternoon hours.... still petrified from opening weekend's constant drives, they have a couple weeks to relax before my clock runs out.

Comfortable with Carhart socks, toe warmers and warmest zipper boots... base layer and WWII vintage wool army pants, base layer, long sleeve T, light zipper jacket, fleece vest, camo sweatshirt, old winter waist coat and camo shell... flip back mittens loaded with hand warmers in the zipper compartments, and muff... pullover Balaclava and reversible knit cap.

10 minutes ago, Unit8R said:

Still no daytime sightings except a lone panicked looking doe around noon a couple days back on camera, all activity at night, not even 5 minutes before legal afternoon hours.... still petrified from opening weekend's constant drives, they have a couple weeks to relax before my clock runs out.

Comfortable with Carhart socks, toe warmers and warmest zipper boots... base layer and WWII vintage wool army pants, base layer, long sleeve T, light zipper jacket, fleece vest, camo sweatshirt, old winter waist coat and camo shell... flip back mittens loaded with hand warmers in the zipper compartments, and muff... pullover Balaclava and reversible knit cap.

You should be warm but can you move? Lol

• Like 2

Great morning out there but no harvest. No pressure in there today at all and I had a troop of deer pass by me in the thick stuff... Couldn't tell you what they were... Had one snort at me earlier also. One gigundo rub has been revisited and found some big buck tracks nearby. New tracks.
Tough getting back in this spot... It impossible to do it quietly, but the most promising morning I've had all season. Glad it got cold out. Tonight I will sit the ag field edge and see if anything comes out looking for a spilled bean. Nobody in this place today so my hopes are high for the evening

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zag said:

I snuck out for an hr sit over the food plot nearly every trail cam pics at night and they are using the heck out of it. Hoping these cold temps get them going earlier. It’s a warm 50 degrees in the blind!

AF88B9D0-3E20-415E-AA20-95E1986F021B.jpeg

Now that I know 3 buck seasons are possible per Nomad, I am going to get back out too!   Maybe I will even start a hunting diary.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Now that I know 3 buck seasons are possible per Nomad, I am going to get back out too!   Maybe I will even start a hunting diary.  

Btw, journal sounds way more manly then diary. Just helping you out if you start throwing that word around:-)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

i tried buying Lawdwaz's used pants hoping I would now get 2 bucks every year and it hasnt worked yet,   I dont think it works that way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic