LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

He told me it was his stand but it looked like a motel 6. He said it was just a real nice blind. 

Ughh.   Sounds like Larry duped you.   Unless it had giant bucks eating from your hand, it wasn’t his stand.    I am sure the pants are nice nonetheless.  

• Like 1

Sat from 2pm until 4pm 29* cold wind. Didn’t see anything until I was walking out it was to dark to see but definitely a buck under the pine trees. I let him pass then came out. I’ll check that area out tomorrow morning. I think it came from a main run up the path. Hopefully he’ll stick around I’d love to get a buck with my muzzy or crossbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Now that I know 3 buck seasons are possible per Nomad, I am going to get back out too!   Maybe I will even start a hunting diary.  

The third one was with the pie bald 5, that I saw in bow as well , I passed him, and shot my second 8 as the farmer next to us didn’t want it shot . Then later setting up to,push Kenny’s woods, the watchers drove him up into the woods, and it stood 30 yards from me, figuring 3 bucks so far was enough I let him walk for the second time that day .

I still regret that .

Off to grab a cup and char pizza, for supper and my breakfast in the truck as I head down in the AM, I’ve given you guys a big enough head start ! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

The third one was with the pie bald 5, that I saw in bow as well , I passed him, and shot my second 8 as the farmer next to us didn’t want it shot . Then later setting up to,push Kenny’s woods, the watchers drove him up into the woods, and it stood 30 yards from me, figuring 3 bucks so far was enough I let him walk for the second time that day .

I still regret that .

Off to grab a cup and char pizza, for supper and my breakfast in the truck as I head down in the AM, I’ve given you guys a big enough head start ! 

You need to be more specific on the 3 buck rule. I was targeting a piebald too!

good luck Larry.  Will let you know if I get out again. 

12 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I still regret that .

Ignore.  Double the fun.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

My dance card is filling up...I have three  guys scheduled  for the next three afternoons in my tower, and then another  one 

Saturday....

That said, yesterday afternoon  was the first PM sit I have had in my tower and NOT seen a deer....Hopefully  they will co-operate...The guy who is hunting with me Thursday is a parapeligic, and the guy hunting Saturday has health issues and does not drive, so I will be driving about 20 miles RT to pick each one of them up and take them home...They are the ones I really hope to get a deer.....Either one would be be tickled  to get a small buck or a doe...

• Like 19

My dance card is filling up...I have three  guys scheduled  for the next three afternoons in my tower, and then another  one 
Saturday....
That said, yesterday afternoon  was the first PM sit I have had in my tower and NOT seen a deer....Hopefully  they will co-operate...The guy who is hunting with me Thursday is a parapeligic, and the guy hunting Saturday has health issues and does not drive, so I will be driving about 20 miles RT to pick each one of them up and take them home...They are the ones I really hope to get a deer.....Either one would be be tickled  to get a small buck or a doe...
Wink wink

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2020 at 6:51 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Got me another one! Another large fat doe for the freezer. She was loaded right up with fat. First deer taken with the .223, she didnt even take a step. 

160583B3-970A-48AB-BF67-4D7ACF16DB1B.jpeg

And you're saying that she DIDN'T complain about the caliber? I'm convinced. 

Might try the solid copper .223 for the 2022 season. Figure it'll take that long to find them if this year's trend continues, or learn how to work liquid copper into a mold!

Saturday....
I have a feeling Mort the spiker is going down!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

You need to be more specific on the 3 buck rule. I was targeting a piebald too!

good luck Larry.  Will let you know if I get out again. 

Thanks, I still got a good month and a half to hunt my spot as well ....

So this am I was at the new house letting the painters in when I looked out the back window and saw a turkey vulture sitting on a limb from a dead ash tree that had fallen down, this tree is on the edge of thick brush and tall grass, anyways I watched the bird disappear into the tall grass and I knew something was in there. Went back tonight to check on the painting progress and then took my son for a walk out back in search of whatever the vulture found, didn’t take long to find. Looked like he was there for awhile and no way to tell what may have happened. I’m really gonna like our back yard for hunting!

15AF7761-53AA-45B8-8396-76E33B0B8CDC.jpeg

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Nice find Zag.  That’s a good omen.  Buck came back to his core area to die.  Perhaps clean him up and display 1st buck of the property.  

Yeah my 12yr olds super excited about it, I am gonna try and give him the project of getting him cleaned up and on a wall somewhere inside!! 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Unleash the power washer on it! Great house warming gift from mother nature!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

No power washer. I hung his head from a branch for now until we can get to him. We’re moving this Friday and wanna get somewhat organized and get our x mass tree Saturday plus try and get a couple hunts in! I have a turkey fryer base so I’ll try and boil that sucker and let my kid work on cleaning him up!

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic