LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

3 hours ago, Catskills54 said:

And you're saying that she DIDN'T complain about the caliber? I'm convinced. 

Might try the solid copper .223 for the 2022 season. Figure it'll take that long to find them if this year's trend continues, or learn how to work liquid copper into a mold!

I wouldn’t hesitate. 

It’s a nippy 23 degrees out so I headed right for the heated tower! Noisy walking in yikes. Now roughing it in the cold until it gets light enough to start the heat. Cant have us glowing like a Christmas tree in the dark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Got out at 2:30 this afternoon 22* no real wind. Headed back by my now empty pond. Didn’t see anything,but an owl that almost caused me to shart me draws. On the way in I grabbed the sd cards. It was a pretty good buck I saw on the way out last night. From the looks of all the turds and the pics he’s coming out there regularly. I have a treestand set up behind the camera if the wind is right I’m hunting it for the rest of the week.
c1145d9338c10979dba156f4c92c2c24.jpg
That’s a dog proof trap to his left. It has cat food in it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sat in the thicket this morning . The frozen winter wheat field did not make for a quiet approach .

Took a slow walk around after , found three sizable beds, but no other sign .

They cut a cornfield about 1,200 yards North after I left , last and closest corn to me ,  but two other woods closer to it .

We shall see tomorrow afternoon . I can’t set up on it , but perhaps some moved my way.

• Like 1

Looks like I might have snow for some tracking.  If i do I'll give up a couple hours of sleep thursday morning and i will be going into where those big rubs are to see if i can get on him.  Will do the same friday afternoon if the snow is still around.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 3

Official GTG today. Did some serious walking today trying to get the herd on their feet. Got them moving just not the way we needed them too. Thankfully I had a solid crew in the woods with me. Only deer I could have shot was a nice 2.5yr old buck at about 8 paces. Great time gentlemen.@moog5050@turkeyfeathers@The_Real_TCIII 0f266202f08fee2bf497158b1effc4a7.jpg&key=a421c453928c6b57c8f850fa23247c642a3068d37e76bdf618e272cf24428a6344c4baa6f3a58f1a286baf47b166ff71.jpg&key=da42c3598bd6b483cd80f001ff3c96f9c95e01317b5496c57eb2dcb86896203a

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic