LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

A bit more snow left still in my part of 8H but zero tracks in the snow. Walked a good chunk of the property this morning and saw no fresh sign. Sitting in a quiet corner for the afternoon. Best of luck to all the diehards. 

image.jpg

Same here 8H , Cand.

Pic won’t load , picture a snow covered woods on the edge of a green field with no deer .

Well i missed my number 2 or 3 target buck toniggt at 345. Was either the big 10 or big 12( 10 with 2 kickers on g2)  wasn't far only 60 yards or so 1st shot and maybe 75 to 2nd.. had no idea how i missed tracked it for 400 yards to make sure .  Beating myself up i dont miss with my 45 70, went back to house set up target and was shooting 4 in low at 50 yards..  not sure how that happened nephew borrowed gun but im not gonna place blame... .. will try in am with .308. Or 30-30.  Ill resight in at lunch..   im standing where buck was stand in background97393.thumb.jpeg.2bf1106ddb36821be71b1f0f6d5cfc9c.jpeg

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Made it out for a afternoon sit. This area has always had deer but not today. Not a track anywhere or none spotted in the fields to the south where they normally come out to feed just before dark. No tracks at all when I checked traps this morning so we will see tomorrow on the morning check before the snow melts.

IMG_20201209_154325[1].jpg

IMG_20201209_154314[1].jpg

IMG_20201209_154351[1].jpg

• Like 1

Got out a little later than I wanted to 3pm snowing and 34* no tracks on the way in hunted a stand in the middle of my property had two fat does coming in around 4 when a truck/plow slammed by and they took off. I had the crossbow ready just needed a clear shot. It was pretty cool hunting in snow camo I felt invisible. Hopefully tomorrow I can get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got snow.  Gear is ready for the morning.  I'll be out of work by 630am and in the woods by 7 trying to find the buck I've named cedar.  Same wind as when I jumped him 2 weeks ago plus there is standing corn 300-400 yards from that bed so I may catch him getting to bed.  

The name cedar is because all his big rubs are on cedar trees.  

20201128_105922.jpg

• Like 3

Pretty much done , blowing off tomorrow ,was going hunt both ends Palmira and Cand . Zero tracks in the snow in Cand.  No interest in getting up at 5:15 AM . It’s ok first time in 27 years the deer beat me .

We may drive Sat. But I can’t really see the iron sights on my BPS anymore , I’ve dropped many running deer with that gun since ‘91 so who, knows .

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Official GTG today. Did some serious walking today trying to get the herd on their feet. Got them moving just not the way we needed them too. Thankfully I had a solid crew in the woods with me. Only deer I could have shot was a nice 2.5yr old buck at about 8 paces. Great time gentlemen.@moog5050@turkeyfeathers@The_Real_TCIII 0f266202f08fee2bf497158b1effc4a7.jpg&key=a421c453928c6b57c8f850fa23247c642a3068d37e76bdf618e272cf24428a6344c4baa6f3a58f1a286baf47b166ff71.jpg&key=da42c3598bd6b483cd80f001ff3c96f9c95e01317b5496c57eb2dcb86896203a

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Good GAWD  !!!  What a crew  !!    Hehehehe.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Third sit in a row from my tower  seeing nada, except some turkeys.......Maybe the deer don't like my wheat anymore....

Hunting tomorrow afternoon from the ground with a handicapped friend who cannot climb the stairs to the tower...We'll be hunting the far end of the plot which I cannot see from my tower, from the ground...Hope something comes out..He hasn't had a chance to hunt much this year and would be pleased to shoot even a fawn....

H

• Like 8

This day needs to get over with.  Snows soft and I'm itching to do some tracking this morning.  I really want to say I would pass up a smaller buck because I know a big one is in the area I'm going.  However any legal buck I can get on from here on out I'm shooting at if possible.  

Good luck to all those still grinding it out.  Still 2 weeks left to get it done.

• Like 2

Only cut one track on my way in. I’m not far from the road though. Quite a few deer out in the winter rye last night. Not sure why they’re so nocturnal, I seem to be the only one hunting them around here. Couple hours on stand this morning and then I’ll check cameras. Good luck!

Back in Geneseo. My Honda Rancher ATV wouldn't start so I grabbed my double chair blind and set up at the south end of the wheat field. Saw a couple deer at the far end over 500 yards away. Matt is in the woods and saw 7 small deer that were running. Couldn't take a shot . Haven't heard any shooting so far.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic