LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Set up for final rifle Saturday hope maybe the duckers blasting gets the herd out and about.  
My son decided to go ducking in the big pond Lake Ontario for King Eiders guess they are a rarity in these parts and really don’t come this far south so hopefully he connects.  strange looking bird. Sea duck 

D19E647F-C6EB-4E95-824F-2D0EFC2F9318.png

• Like 3

Took the drive and the long walk to my ladder on the island between the corn fields. Have not been here sense last week of bow. Seems someone found it and has been sitting it. Left a scent wick. It’s public so no worries. Wonder if they got anything to confirm I put it in a good spot lol. I got a new spot for it next year.

36 degrees and there’s was a dozen cars when I left the lot. I’m sitting till lunch hoping for some hunters to push some deer. Cmon pretty doe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out on home turf for the first time for two weeks. Hunted at my cousins camp last weekend, it was nice to be at deer camp, always a fun time!
Good luck to all today. Going to sit for a while, then push some small pieces of our property.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, this is a tough one to write. I took a different path in from my evening sit tonite and came across the deer I thought I missed a week ago. Tears me up to have wasted the meat on such a nice buck but at least I know that I didn’t wound him or miss completely. Shot right thru the shoulder. No hair, no blood anywhere when I was searching. I walked within ten yards of him a couple of times while searching. This is a very large bodied deer. The rack looks small on such a big body. Coyotes got the hind end. I’ll take the head for a euro mount tomorrow and do an autopsy. Disgusted that I lost him, relieved that I didn’t miss. 
E0501A2F-13A7-422E-B773-15BA5060F09B.thumb.jpeg.bf4f813d6ce6f63365e99cf25ec823e5.jpeg

Interesting perspective that you’re relieved you didn’t miss.

• Like 1

So I’m taking some time this morning to look for the bear I hit with my truck last night on the way to the cabin. Truck is fine the bear kind of ducked and quartered away I more ran it over than hit it. Me and the sheriff looked last night but good luck trying to find a big black animal in the middle of a field at night.

Took a shot at a coyote. Im using a 30-06.  It bolted off.  Im assuming i missed but could a coyote take a shot from a 30-06 and run off?   

Absolutely, they’re tougher than a 2$ steak.

The one is shot the other day went 50yds shot in shoulder exit opposite arm pit with a 450 bushmaster at 15yds.

• Like 3

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic