LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Set up for final rifle Saturday hope maybe the duckers blasting gets the herd out and about.  
My son decided to go ducking in the big pond Lake Ontario for King Eiders guess they are a rarity in these parts and really don’t come this far south so hopefully he connects.  strange looking bird. Sea duck 

D19E647F-C6EB-4E95-824F-2D0EFC2F9318.thumb.png.05f69c74a2879a984997bd0a48a49d01.png

Cool! I've never seen one here, how far East are you? They get them in the ocean in New England, Long Island etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

@Lomax you always seem to be on the wrong end of that field. Is that ground blind on your property?

I’m in the Buckform my tower blind  at one end of my field  it’s actually pretty easy to reach out touch those deer with rifle 

Yeah ground blind is sitting on edge of food plot.  They often come out right around it.  It’s great for bow MZ but for rifle I have come to learn to stay back out of field edge blinds and stands.  If you give them enough food ...Over time the herd bed off the edge of the field either side in the thick stuff and if you low-pressure them they hang tight.  Eventually some go into heat and draw the boys. 

perhaps this afternoon will get some action me hopes 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Cool! I've never seen one here, how far East are you? They get them in the ocean in New England, Long Island etc.

Cayuga County I believe they launched in Wayne County and we’re going to hunt a bay but there were eight boats already set up so they are going to a new spot but my son said the lake is ripping. I guess these birds are Arctic sea ducks that don’t come inland hardly ever but for some reason they were in Lake Ontario this year probably the 100 year pandemic locust voodoo stuff just saying think we are supposed too be able to see the northern lights 

while I was typing this group snuck out

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Absolutely, they’re tougher than a 2$ steak.

The one is shot the other day went 50yds shot in shoulder exit opposite arm pit with a 450 bushmaster at 15yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.   I was on him unless something happened with my scope im not aware of.  Ill give it a track in a little.  In the meantime hopefully a deer decides to show up. 

Out for the final sit of the year. My oldest son and I walked in just after sunrise, bumped 5 or 6 near the first stand. I’m really thankful to have had such a great season and to be able to spend it with my boys. I lost my Dad 25 years ago today, there’s no better place to sit and reflect on all he taught me. It’s funny how when I’m in the stand he always seems to be with me even to this day.

a5f34e67dcfba2703c600405e021f114.jpg

• Like 25

Out for the final sit of the year. My oldest son and I walked in just after sunrise, bumped 5 or 6 near the first stand. I’m really thankful to have had such a great season and to be able to spend it with my boys. I lost my Dad 25 years ago today, there’s no better place to sit and reflect on all he taught me. It’s funny how when I’m in the stand he always seems to be with me even to this day.

a5f34e67dcfba2703c600405e021f114.jpg&key=bbc8d54cd36c1e7507127c0f9eeac4b066850ce5f283162dd8a2d8c9ea3af67c

Good luck to you! I always hunt 11/2 for the same reasons

• Like 3

Been hearing a lot of single shots this morning but nothing seen in my neck of the woods. I’m headed in at 11 to get dinner going in the crockpot and have lunch. I’ll probably sit in the inclosed blind this afternoon due to rain in the forecast.

Another quiet morning for me. Sat till 1030 then Did a little low impact walking but not far from the approach trail and pulled some cams I haven’t for a while. Not a lot of intel gained other than mostly nocturnal following 11/21.

Still a couple slammers alive which is good to see.

After two weeks of waiting finally got the right wind to go after my #1 target. Siting between picked corn and wheat, surrounded by creek bottom. This property has only been hunted once during gun and a couple times during bow so typically has really good day time movement. I spent the last week dropping five does to keep my farmer happy so horns or nothing tonight. Good luck to all those still out trying to punch tags!

0e2aef322688119556e85361ff849144.jpg

14dedbccf9980b8e3adf94ed2572d04a.jpg

• Like 7

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic