LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Well I didn't go out today sat home and doing some raffles  . I sat all day yesterday  . And there was 2 group doing drives . And I only heard 4 shots all day. I think they have killed all that was left over from ehd .  Oh and some smart ones . I have off tomorrow  for muzzleloader  but wondering  if it is worth it

Buddy of mine shot a doe last night ... last light.  Waited an hour, tracked it 60 yds to a huge  puddle of blood but no deer .  This morning they tracked spots of blood to a buried carcass . Entire chest cavity and rear quarters devoured. He sat down wind watching over the carcass  for 3 hours. Nothing showed . He said the carcass  was more than 100 yds from the big blood puddle. It had to be a bear. Nothing I know in NY drags off an entire deer and burries it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Buddy of mine shot a doe last night ... last light.  Waited an hour, tracked it 60 yds to a huge  puddle of blood but no deer .  This morning they tracked spots of blood to a buried carcass . Entire chest cavity and rear quarters devoured. He sat down wind watching over the carcass  for 3 hours. Nothing showed . He said the carcass  was more than 100 yds from the big blood puddle. It had to be a bear. Nothing I know in NY drags off an entire deer and burries it

Mountain lion lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I slept in till 7 and hit some state I wanted to explore. Ended up doing a 4 hour slow stop and go walk. Saw 6 hunters two deer tails and a spot I need to work out for next bow season.

Quick snack and now up in the far stand out back to send off the reg season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As usual, I just couldn’t pass up the last couple of hours of gun. Sitting in the stand I shot my buck from over a week ago. Buck master, I was shooting Hornaday Superformance 117 grain in 25-06. Entrance through the left shoulder and no exit. After Friday’s warmth he was starting to gas up so no autopsy but I’m assuming that it stuck in the right shoulder/leg. I did take the head and tag it. Gonna do a European mount with it. 
Best of luck to all that are in it to the end! Tomorrow’s a new start with the TC Omega. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Rifle and hand cannon back in the safe as that concludes regular season. Front stuffer on deck for the morning. Saw nothing today. 

Wow you’re determined .

I may get out once or twice , after a break , God willing and the creek don’t rise . Perhaps after it snows mid week .

Canoed to my ground blind and was just getting situated when I saw a large buck running off...I was still standing and was able to stop him at about 75 yards.  He stopped broadside in the open...the shot felt good but  unfortunately I only gave him a hair cut...found the sabot.  Fun season, got lots of hunting in although I didn’t see many deer after opening week of gun.  I had a great archery season and looking forward to getting out with my flinty.  Good luck!

145563AA-CB63-4FFB-B31D-9448452597E3.jpeg

B8458553-7C4C-4CA1-95E5-3562F62DAC8B.jpeg

C8CA0166-A4D3-4C2D-B793-CE523ABE29EC.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My father bought me this Hawken 25 years ago, I had never connected with it and after a few years I bought a modern inline ML and put it away. I'm really thrilled to finally take a deer with it! 4b8a2d2e2c78a5e58c2d14a0c01622d8.jpgc0f41720f37b9abc84cdaf3d73a9d405.jpgf46b0592a764a119d1dd45294cc9eece.jpgefe57a96d964398aee665201c37ed9f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great harvest with the Hawken.  Gotta feel good on last day of rifle.  Congrats 

• Like 1

Canoed to my ground blind and was just getting situated when I saw a large buck running off...I was still standing and was able to stop him at about 75 yards.  He stopped broadside in the open...the shot felt good but  unfortunately I only gave him a hair cut...found the sabot.  Fun season, got lots of hunting in although I didn’t see many deer after opening week of gun.  I had a great archery season and looking forward to getting out with my flinty.  Good luck!
145563AA-CB63-4FFB-B31D-9448452597E3.thumb.jpeg.1e0c119f32e088df510db10059ba33d2.jpeg
B8458553-7C4C-4CA1-95E5-3562F62DAC8B.thumb.jpeg.27ed70aac17bd47ec606a4eff0eb0497.jpeg
C8CA0166-A4D3-4C2D-B793-CE523ABE29EC.thumb.jpeg.36c03a2a4bf9d4d3706c8f4c35cafbca.jpeg
How did you manage to find the slug!?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic