LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Nice last day. Went out in PM for a bit. Had a short faced doe or button buck come out about 25 yards from me and try to get me to move. Had the gun on him but let him pass as was a yungin. Fun watch tho. Had a nice buck cut through a little later. Heard him grunting before could locate him. No shot and no tag anyway but was nice to see. 

Had howling winds 25-30 here all day so I passed on this morning. Went out in the afternoon and sat in a ravine to get out of the wind til dark and didn't see a thing or here any shots until after legal. The last one was 5:02 :angry:

Sure glad it is over and hopefully I can get out with the bow the last part of the season weather permitting.

IMG_20201213_150538[1].jpg

IMG_20201213_150547[1].jpg

I am so disappointed right now, 20 minutes of legal left and 3 shots from across the road. 2 minutes later , 2 doe rush in and get to 50 and stop. I have my 308 with me and I touch one off, aiming at the neck of the big doe. I got white hair, a teeny piece of muscle meat and a tiny piece of bone, litterally the size of a pebble or smaller. The doe didn't act like it got hit. Zero blood. Not a good ending to regular season. I should have taken the muzzy out but I wanted one last hunt with the rifle. I'll have to fire it at the range to see if I messed up or the gun is knocked sideways.... I thought I did my part well

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Took a mile walk around the vineyard for the last hour of the season. Was awesome to be out.....nice a refreshing walk but no deer seen. Spoke for a while at last light with the neighbor who buts up to the vineyard and he was sneaking around trying to do catch a doe cruzing through as well. Has been a fun year so far.....next up the ole smoke pole!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2020 is a wrap. We did the traditional last day deer drives. Covered 5.3 miles in the woods but only jumped 5 deer and the group only got 1 of them. We had a good turn out and some really good food as well. I’m beat but I have 3 guns to clean yet before putting them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wrap up . Joe  said his phone showed we did 15000 paces yesterday. 15000 yards Is like 7 miles, I’m sure it was half that ,due to shorter strides in  mud fields . 

Picked up my doe from Uncle Charlie ( processor who I know well and love ! ) he said wtf happened to, you , you normally being me two slammers a year , shoot a bigger one, I could use the money ! Lol then he gave me a break on the price ,thank you ! 

I may get out late season ,anything is on the table .

freezer is ok for my worst year since ‘93 .

8252383D-3E2F-41CB-9B5D-3799754F7C92.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grampy said:

2020 season is à wrap for me. Hunted every chance I could since October first. No deer killed. But I truly had an enjoyable season!!!

Kudos to you and Nomad because not once did you guys complain about how bad your season was.  Your positive attitude speaks volumes:) May next year bring you guys success:) 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WWJD_Hunter said:

Kudos to you and Nomad because not once did you guys complain about how bad your season was.  Your positive attitude speaks volumes:) May next year bring you guys success:) 

Thank you !  I had my chances , far fewer but they were there , and I did wine a bit ,then I put things in proper perspective. Year may have been a blessing in the long run . 

Nothing this afternoon.. Have not seen a deer since I shot the buck a week ago Thursday..

I may get out with the smokepole a couple of days later in the week....

Still, I  spent more hours in the stand than ever before...Very thereouputic  (SP) considering the shit going on...

• Like 8

Great season.

1 buck via bow & 1 buck with my .270. Freezer is full! Learned to wait to find your deer (have damn patience & don’t jump deer) unless you drop them - which I did with my 270.

Amazing the difference 1 season can be from the next.

Last year sucked especially hearing my mother passed away while in a tree stand.

I know for sure she was with me this year.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

I give you credit. I don’t have the late season in me. I’m beat and am ready for the rest.

The trick is to not overdo it during regular season. I got lucky and got a buck opening day and only went out twice since then,still hunting. I am fired up for late season now,and the deer will be a lot less spooky.

The trick is to not overdo it during regular season. I got lucky and got a buck opening day and only went out twice since then,still hunting. I am fired up for late season now,and the deer will be a lot less spooky.

Between the hunt and hanging out with the guys at camp I don’t have it in me to not hunt every chance I can.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic